Duplicate transactions after updating connection method BOA

Options
zephyr9012000
zephyr9012000 Member ✭✭
There is an announcement that states you are aware of the duplicate transaction issue but state it only happens right after the update. This is not true, I updated over a week ago and everyday I have duplicate transactions with BOA. My confidence in my balances shown in Quicken is now gone Today Quicken showed a balance of -$800 but the reality was I had a $900 surplus. Every single transaction that was entered through Upcoming Bills registered is being duplicated. It would be easier at this point to use a spreadsheet to track my finances, at least I would have confidence in the figures. This is a serious problem and needs resolution. It is not a one-time problem as suggested in the copied announcement below. This is not an accurate stament.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Duplicate Transactions after Migration to new connection method
Quicken Kathryn
Quicken Kathryn Administrator admin
October 4 edited October 4
Some users are reporting that they receive duplicate transactions with their Chase, Bank of America or Discover accounts after migrating to the new connection method. This issue occurs because the new connection type is downloading transactions that are already in your account register with a new "download ID", preventing the transactions from matching.

This issue should only occur after the initial migration to the new connection type; afterward, you'll only be downloading new transactions, so the duplicates will not occur.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One thing not mentioned by @Quicken Kathryn is that if there were duplicate transactions downloaded during the initial conversion to EWC+ those duplicate transactions would need to be manually deleted.  They will not go away on their own.
    Did you manually delete those initial duplicate transactions?  Or are they new duplicate transactions being downloaded each day?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• AlanEnge
    AlanEnge Member ✭✭
    Options
    I got 1 dupe after BofA update. Do I just delete the dupe in the register?
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    AlanEnge said:
    I got 1 dupe after BofA update. Do I just delete the dupe in the register?
    Yes.

• zephyr9012000
    zephyr9012000 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Yes I deleted the duplicates that occurred during the change of connection type. These are new well beyond the date of the update, two days ago I wrote a check for a recurring bill and clicked on "enter into register" from the Upcoming bills and Income tab. This morning during the bank transaction download, the check cleared bank and was imported into the register and not matched with the existing entry as it has been for years. I then accepted the downloaded transaction and moved on. Low and behold because it didn't match the already entered check from 2 days ago there were now 2 entries for the same check in the register, one was marked reconciled and the duplicate was pending. Now my checking ending balance has both checks deducted from it. The behavior prior to the update was it would match the check (or bill) with the downloaded transaction and life was great.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options
    Yes I deleted the duplicates that occurred during the change of connection type. These are new well beyond the date of the update, two days ago I wrote a check for a recurring bill and clicked on "enter into register" from the Upcoming bills and Income tab. This morning during the bank transaction download, the check cleared bank and was imported into the register and not matched with the existing entry as it has been for years. I then accepted the downloaded transaction and moved on. Low and behold because it didn't match the already entered check from 2 days ago there were now 2 entries for the same check in the register, one was marked reconciled and the duplicate was pending. Now my checking ending balance has both checks deducted from it. The behavior prior to the update was it would match the check (or bill) with the downloaded transaction and life was great.
    What you are referring to is a matching issue.  It is not a downloaded duplicates issue.  When transactions download and if during the review process we observe that the payment did not match with a previously entered Reminder, then we must try to manually match the downloaded transaction to the previously entered Reminder.  When transactions get matched Quicken learns from them so future downloads are more likely to correctly match, again.
    If we miss manually matching the transaction to the entered Reminder we have a choice:  We can either delete the downloaded transaction or we can delete the reminder.
    What I was referring to regards transactions getting downloaded twice from the financial institution.  You confirmed that this happened when you first did the reauthorization and that is a known issue that should not be happening anymore after the initial reauthorization.  Are you saying that this is still happening?

• miklk
    miklk SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Options
    There are several bugs involved in the switch to EWC+

For me the 2 major bugs are it puts in an incorrect opening balance and the other one is that each day the online balance includes only some pending transactions even when it is turned off.

I have also had the extra downloaded transactions that need to be deleted and will not manually match existing transaction but that hopefully is a one time thing when switching to EWC+

This discussion has been closed.