What is the best way to re-name an account in Quicken?

Options
DexterB
DexterB Member ✭✭
Can someone provide the step for re-naming an account in Quicken? I would like to re-name a couple of credit card accounts that are changing banks.
Please provide the steps.
Thank you in advance!
Tagged:

Best Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Right click on the account in the account sidebar & select the Rename option.

This won't do anything to the online connection to the bank - if that needs to be changed you'll have to select Edit Settings, go to the Download tab and Disconnect the account, then connect it to the new bank.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @DexterB,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Please be aware that you originally posted this in a Mac category so I went ahead and moved this discussion to a Windows category.

You can rename an account in Windows by navigating to Tools > Account List, then clicking Edit on the account you wish to rename. In the first entry field (Account Name) you can change the name of the account. Then click OK to save.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Right click on the account in the account sidebar & select the Rename option.

This won't do anything to the online connection to the bank - if that needs to be changed you'll have to select Edit Settings, go to the Download tab and Disconnect the account, then connect it to the new bank.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• DexterB
    DexterB Member ✭✭
    Options
    Oops - no "Rename" option after right-clicking on the account in the sidebar. I'm running Windows 10 - maybe it's different. Account List > "Edit" maybe?
  • Quicken Anja
    edited October 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @DexterB,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Please be aware that you originally posted this in a Mac category so I went ahead and moved this discussion to a Windows category.

You can rename an account in Windows by navigating to Tools > Account List, then clicking Edit on the account you wish to rename. In the first entry field (Account Name) you can change the name of the account. Then click OK to save.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja

• DexterB
    DexterB Member ✭✭
    Options
    :| Sorry about that! I didn't realize I was in the Mac group. Thank you, Anja!
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    You're welcome!

-Quicken Anja

This discussion has been closed.