Adding a biller to the database of online billers.

Options
How do you get an online biller added into the list of Quicken Online Billers? I was hoping to find Fort Bend MUD 185 as an online biller but it doesn't appear. There are others in my county but not that particular MUD.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @Norman Drews,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

In order for a new Online Biller to be added to the current list in Quicken, the request to be added would need to be made and submitted by the biller in question to our service providers. 

I hope this information serves to be useful to you! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    While you're waiting for MUD 185 to request addition to the list of online billers, you should be able to add this biller as a Check Pay Payee, if you so desire.
    However, IMHO, it might be better if you accessed the biller's website and authorized the biller to deduct your bill directly from your checking account on due date. That service usually is called Autopay, APS, Direct Debit or something similar. If you decide to do this, in Quicken record a scheduled reminder which does not execute as an online payment into your account register on or before the Due Date and before you download transactions from the bank or credit card containing the payment transaction. That will allow Quicken to match your register transaction to the downloaded data and not cause any further issues.
This discussion has been closed.