Chase Investments by J.P. Morgan not showing

Options
bobbyworchel
bobbyworchel Member ✭✭
When I try to connect my Chase accounts, I see all four accounts (e.g., Checking, Savings, Brokerage and Managed Brokerage), Chase even authorizes all four accounts. But when I get to the accounts back in Quicken, only the Checking and Savings are showing. Why can't I import the Brokerage and Managed Brokerage accounts?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When Chase discontinued support last month for DC and EWC and replaced them with EWC+, it was announced that this conversion applied to Spending accounts, not Investment and Retirement accounts...at least at that time. 
    What I think should have happened is that your Brokerage and Managed Brokerage accounts should have remained with DC.  The current Chase setup link no longer gives an option for DC.  Have you tried setting up your Brokerage and Managed Brokerage accounts with one of the JP Morgan set up links?  (If you try this, be sure to back up your data file first.  Then go to the Online Services tab of Account Details for both accounts and click on Deactivate.  Then try to set up these accounts via Add Account or Set Up Now.)

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• rhg_hilltop
    rhg_hilltop Member ✭✭
    Options
    I’m having exactly the same problem. Checking accounts are now working via chase, but J.P. Morgan brokerage accounts are not. On phone with quicken tech support now. Jp Morgan says it’s not on their end.
  • bobbyworchel
    bobbyworchel Member ✭✭
    Options
    Please let me know if they have a solution.
  • rhg_hilltop
    rhg_hilltop Member ✭✭
    Options
    @bobbyworchel , I just finally had to disconnect after spending 4 hours on the phone with tech support. Still no resolution. Let me know if you learn of any fixes.
  • bobbyworchel
    bobbyworchel Member ✭✭
    Options
    @rhg_hilltop After fighting with it a bit...I was able to connect. Very similar to what @Boatnmaniac said. I used the "J.P. Morgan Private Banking" header, still went to Chase for verification, still showed all 4 accounts, but this time when it came back to quicken, it did show the two brokerage accounts. I told Quicken to ignore the checking and savings and added the brokerage accounts.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @rhg_hilltop After fighting with it a bit...I was able to connect. Very similar to what @Boatnmaniac said. I used the "J.P. Morgan Private Banking" header, still went to Chase for verification, still showed all 4 accounts, but this time when it came back to quicken, it did show the two brokerage accounts. I told Quicken to ignore the checking and savings and added the brokerage accounts.
    So it seems that perhaps when Chase migrated to EWC+ which disconnected the JP Morgan accounts they also provided a new J.P. Morgan Private Banking setup link so you could reconnect the investment accounts.  It sure would have been nice if they had informed everyone.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What I always used for Direct Connect and which worked for the Express Web Connect + changeover is “Chase Investments New”.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BTW as for the timing of the changeover of the investment accounts, unlike the non investment accounts the ability to change over was only possible/announced (through an email) one week before the cutover deadline (which was the same as for non investment accounts).  And the actual disabling of Direct Connect was first the non investment accounts two days after the deadline, and the investment accounts followed one day later.
    Signature:
  • rhg_hilltop
    rhg_hilltop Member ✭✭
    Options
    All, thank you for your comments. I combined some of the advice from above and some of the steps from my 4 hour unsuccessful call with support on Friday and I *think* it's working. Here's what I had to do:

1) Go back to the last clean backup and create a copy.
    File>>Backup or Copy File>>Create a Copy or Template; I used the default date range which went back to 1983. and lastly I saved it on my desktop (not external hard drive).
    2) Opened the "new copy".
    3) Deactivated all accounts for Schwab and JPM for the 25th time.
    4) Went back to "Add Account" to add them back, use "Chase Investments - New" for the JPM brokerage and checking/savings accounts.
    NOTE: Double-check the mapping of accounts, because the default mapping was wrong on a couple accounts.

So now I think everything is working, but what I don't know is what/if anything I sacrificed by using the "Save a Copy" instead of just the "Complete Backup". Do any of you happen to know?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So now I think everything is working, but what I don't know is what/if anything I sacrificed by using the "Save a Copy" instead of just the "Complete Backup". Do any of you happen to know?
    "Save a Copy" is different from "Complete Backup" in a few ways.
    The first is that allow of the online services get disconnected.  This is probably what helped you get a better result this time.  There is also a unique Id in every data file that connects it to the "Quicken Cloud dataset", so you will get a brand-new dataset on the server, again something that might have helped with the problems.  The last one is that "Complete Backup" is like copying the data file in Windows Explorer where the result is an exact duplicate.  Whereas "Save a Copy" does a database record by record copy only copy.  This kind of copy removes "deleted database records" and maybe some corrupted database records.

Of course, the big negative of "Save a Copy" is that does deactivate all the online services when someone might not want that. which forces them to re-setup all of them.
    Signature:
  • rnoia
    rnoia Member ✭✭
    Options
    While I am able to see my accounts, the quicken dialog box apparently doesn't have enough room for all of my accounts, and doesn't have scroll bars. From what I can tell, Quicken only downloads the first 10 or so. So, I when to an account that it didn't add, re-ran the setup online process again, and now, the missed-account is showing, but some (not all) of the previously added accounts are now saying "don't add to quicken" . If I continue despite this ominous display, it DOES indeed keep the previously added accounts despite saying "don't add to quicken", and all accounts are now setup and downloading transaction.

However, no automatic bills are working.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rnoia said:
    While I am able to see my accounts, the quicken dialog box apparently doesn't have enough room for all of my accounts, and doesn't have scroll bars. From what I can tell, Quicken only downloads the first 10 or so. So, I when to an account that it didn't add, re-ran the setup online process again, and now, the missed-account is showing, but some (not all) of the previously added accounts are now saying "don't add to quicken" . If I continue despite this ominous display, it DOES indeed keep the previously added accounts despite saying "don't add to quicken", and all accounts are now setup and downloading transaction.

However, no automatic bills are working.

"Don't add to Quicken" applies to ones that already exist and are connected.  In other words, read it as "Don't add to Quicken again".

Bill pay through Quicken/your financial institution is only possible with Direct Connect.  Express Web Connect + doesn't support that feature, it will only download transactions/online balance when they clear the financial institution.
    Signature:
This discussion has been closed.