Can I upgrade from the older Canadian version of Quicken 2011 for Windows?

Options
HarryE
HarryE Member
Hi, sorry if this has been asked before but I need to be sure of my possible upgrade path. I have the Canadian edition of Quicken for Windows Home and Business 2011 R1[20.1.1.43]. What is the path to upgrading to the new(est) version? I realize I would have to subscribe but I guess I have reached the point where I either decide to ditch it entirely or upgrade. My worry right now is that some MS Windows or .NET patch will cause my old version to misbehave. My current Quicken version hasn't had any updates since the Windows XA days.

When Intuit sold Quicken a few years ago the idea seemed to be that once you upgraded if you stopped subscribing Quicken would not allow you to access your registers; you would lose all access to your data and I didn't want to take that risk.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @HarryE,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question.

Yes, you can convert from Quicken 2011 Canada for Windows to the latest Quicken for Windows. For instructions on how to do so please refer to this support article and open the appropriate dropdown.

In regard to the last question; if you choose to not renew your subscription, you will still have access to your data file and will be able to continue using Quicken. However, you will have a permanent renewal notice at the top of your screen that cannot be removed without renewing the program. Also, keep in mind that with the Quicken Starter subscriptions, the data file will become read-only if not renewed, however, this does not apply to Deluxe, Premier, and Home and Business subscriptions.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.