Unable to Update Flagstar Account

Options
System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: FLAGSTAR Bank CDP_SCRIPT_ERROR:FDP-163.

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and reporting this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• DetroitRick
    DetroitRick Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    For what it's is worth, my downloads from Flagstar have not worked since October 1, and only Flagstar. No error message, and One-Step Update reports successful download. Validated my data file - no related issues. Tried to reset that Flagstar account and consistently get message (for last 4 days) "Sorry . We encountered an error. (It's not your fault)." Out of ideas, so my plan is to wait a few more days and then reach out to Quicken Support. I will post if I find an answer.
  • Brian Dunn
    Brian Dunn Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am having the same issue for the same period of time. I have verified the password is correct and also tried to "Reset" the accounts. No improvement.
  • brighteyes
    brighteyes Member ✭✭
    Options
    I also am having same issue with Flagstar Bank, with many days now days of receiving "it's not your fault" error message when trying to update banking transactions. I am also receiving OL-297-A error code. Have done everything I could to get Flagstar to update. Reset, deactivate/activate accounts, verified credentials, validate/repair file, even trying different Quicken data files. Quicken will not connect to Flagstar Bank, however connecting directly to the bank site works fine. All the other accounts with different institutions I have set up in Quicken one step update work flawlessly.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For what it's is worth, my downloads from Flagstar have not worked since October 1, and only Flagstar. No error message, and One-Step Update reports successful download. Validated my data file - no related issues. Tried to reset that Flagstar account and consistently get message (for last 4 days) "Sorry . We encountered an error. (It's not your fault)." Out of ideas, so my plan is to wait a few more days and then reach out to Quicken Support. I will post if I find an answer.
    Hello @DetroitRick, @Brian Dunn, and @brighteyes,   

I am very sorry to hear about this error message in conjunction with online banking difficulties. Thank you for speaking with us about this here on the Quicken Community. 

If this problem has been ongoing for more than 24 hours, I recommend reaching out to Quicken Support by using the information provided in this link. They will be able to troubleshoot and diagnose this problem in greater detail with the tools and resources available to them. They will also need to document these issues.

I hope this helps!

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • wilsonvr
    wilsonvr Member ✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    I'm having the same issue, with no resolution after spending over an hour with tech support at quicken last night. The tech was clearly just reading a script and really didn't understand how to resolve the issue. Here is the response I received from tech support

Ok, since this is a DC error there's no escalation path for it, the callback is not valid because this requires banks involvement

This email is being sent to advise The logs show: 20221012 20:02:28: Your connection to the server was lost. Try again now, or wait and try later.

I have tried several times and had no success. My read on this response (And this what tech support stated) is its not Quickens fault and you need to work with your bank.

This response is not acceptable, I need a resolution not excuses. My question is when will Quicken contact my bank to get this resolved? Although this may very well be an issue with my bank, my position is I purchased a product from Quicken not my bank. The primary reason that I pay my yearly subscription is because of the onstep update and that feature is no longer available. Moderator: Please escalate this and get this resolved with my bank asap. 
  • wilsonvr
    wilsonvr Member ✭✭
    Options
    @DetroitRick, @Brian Dunn, and @brighteyes, has anyone had any success in getting this issue resolved? If yes can you please share how it was resolved. I'm getting no response from Quicken Support.
  • Brian Dunn
    Brian Dunn Member ✭✭
    Options
    No, I have had no response. And I agree. This is a QUICKEN issue, whether it initiated with a change at Flagstar or not...
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello All,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and reporting this issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Brian Dunn
    Brian Dunn Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you, Anja. I contacted Flagstar today and made it to their "Quicken" support (or so I was told). Not surprisingly, the tech told me I the issue is on the Quicken side of the transaction. I appreciate your establishing this ticket and working on resolution, with notes to the users.
  • wilsonvr
    wilsonvr Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you Anja, this is very helpful. I only wish the tech support agent was as helpful.
  • LuisGW
    LuisGW Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem. I can't update my Flagstar account. No error code. Update says all is ok. If I reset I get a message that says "an error has occured" and nothing else.
  • LuisGW
    LuisGW Member
    Options
    Customer support has opened a new ticket number for me on this today.
  • Artemis
    Artemis Member
    Options
    I am having the same issue with Flagstar. Last time I know it was working more than 2 weeks ago. Tried the same fixes as brighteyes. Contacted Flagstar, and after some very basic troubleshooting steps and one account reset at Flagstar's end, I was forwarded to what I thought was going to be Flagstar's resident Quicken expert but turned out to be Quicken support. They confirmed it was a known issue and has been escalated internally.
  • SRL
    SRL Member ✭✭
    Options
    Still a problem as of today. No response from Quicken or Flagstar Bank.
  • vcardenas
    vcardenas Member
    Options
    Adding to the list of error messages, I received AGGREGATOR_IN_ERROR FDP -105.
  • Life_Liberty
    Life_Liberty Member ✭✭
    Options
    I am so sick of being told this is the banks problem, no no, it's quicken's problem.
    Just spent time on both chat and phone with Flagstar - no resolution. They kept asking me what browser version I am using LOL. Their support is terrible.
    Does anyone on this thread really know the root cause of the connection issue that has been happening with Direct Connect since around 10/1?
  • Life_Liberty
    Life_Liberty Member ✭✭
    Options
    It looks like Quicken is attempting to connect to https://ofx.flagstar.com/fsb to process the update. The TLS certificate on that site is expired - could that be part of the issue? Quicken (rightfully so) won't connect to a bank site to download transactions when the certificate is expired?
  • brighteyes
    brighteyes Member ✭✭
    Options
    I spoke to a Quicken support person yesterday. His methods to fix the problem were the same as what I have previously tried many times. Again with no results. I was assured it was going to be escalated to an upper level Quicken tech department.
    I then spoke to Flagstar Bank online tech support, I was advised it is a known issue and the tech people from both Quicken and Flagstar are working on it. No time line on resolution.
  • wilsonvr
    wilsonvr Member ✭✭
    Options
    Anja, The Flagstar connection has not been available for a month now. Is upper management at Quicken aware of this issue and the amount of time it is taking to get it resolved? Is there a path to escalate this to someone in upper management at Quicken? I will also be requesting a one-month credit for the month that I have not been able to connect to my Flagstar accounts via one step.
  • Hudson6171
    Options
    I am having the same issue as everyone else with my Flagstar accounts. Wilson brings up a valid point, since we now have to pay a yearly subscription for Quicken, will we be granted a refund of one month or however much longer it takes for Quicken to resolve this issue? I am paying for a service that is not being provided at this point.
  • PatrickBoyd01
    Options
    I am late to the party on this but am experiencing the same issue. Glad to know I am not on an island. For such a mature platform, the issues with Quicken (mostly download-related) are regular. Standing by for a remedy on this technical problem, but it seems particularly acute if it cannot be fixed by updated certificate.
  • wilsonvr
    wilsonvr Member ✭✭
    Options
    This issue is not resolved, although I was able to update using one step on 10/28, I have been unable to update since then. I'm now getting an OL-295-A error. I have tried resetting the account and received an unable to connect warning, I would appreciate an update on the status of this issue.
  • wcmiller5
    Options
    Flagstar Bank OL-295-A error, cannot connect, last good update on 10/27/22. Now 11/2/22 and still not fixed. I also tried to reset the account, no joy. I can connect directly via internet but not with Quicken! I was hoping the yearly fee for Quicken would get these problems resolved quicker. Also had a problem last week with another bank 5/3. They were able to resolve it after 1 call to Quicken support.
  • brighteyes
    brighteyes Member ✭✭
    Options
    Flagstar connection issue has been ongoing most of October for me and now into November. I get repeated OL-297-A errors. No success in activating one-step update, although Quicken always prompts to do so when attempting to manually download transactions from Flagstar. "Quicken can't connect....It's not your fault" errors continue. It's been very frustrating. Quicken please fix!
  • brighteyes
    brighteyes Member ✭✭
    Options
    Update to my comment above: As of November 4, Flagstar bank is now downloading through direct connect. When using one-step-update, Quicken finally prompted me to link my accounts to the existing ones, no error messages! All now working as it should.
    Will be requesting a month credit to my subscription.
  • DetroitRick
    DetroitRick Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    > @wilsonvr said:
    > @DetroitRick, @Brian Dunn, and @brighteyes, has anyone had any success in getting this issue resolved? If yes can you please share how it was resolved. I'm getting no response from Quicken Support.

Not fully resolved for me. Worked for a while in October, then noticed yesterday that downloads stopped working (without error messages, sometime in late October). Did a successful reset yesterday morning and got my downloads. But it has now stopped working again, getting OL-393A (late yesterday and early today), and reset won't resolve.
  • Hudson6171
    Options
    What is Quicken doing to resolve this issue? I have not been able to download from Flagstar Bank since the beginning of October. My subscription is now coming due in November and if Quicken does not have a resolution to this issue, there is no sense in me renewing my subscription. I am getting very frustrated at the lack of urgency this issue is getting.
  • SRL
    SRL Member ✭✭
    Options
    This issue has been resolved but is kind of hidden. Go to Add New Account and type in Flagstar. You will get a list of choices. Choose Flagstaff Bank - New Login. It will take you through the 2 step validation procedure and then a choice to link to an existing account. Bingo!
This discussion has been closed.