I can not open my Quicken 2017 Data File

Options
I use Quicken 2017; wanted to upgrade to latest Quicken with a 50% discount offer at file open popup; I went to Quicken ID, realized that the ID email is one I do not use anymore/have no access to; so I followed the instruction and created a new Quicken ID; also following instruction and logged out (in Quicken) from the linked Quicken ID under preferences; now the Quicken file does not open to allow me to associate the file with the new ID, I only see the file and help menus in Quicken 2017.
Please help/support if you have been there.
Thanks in advance!

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• M McCants
    M McCants Member
    Options
    There was a requirement to "convert" Quicken 2017 files to Quicken 2019 format many years ago. I do not know if the current Quicken is smart enough to process Quicken 2017 files.
  • Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken 2016, 2017 and Subscription all have the same data file format. There is no need to "convert" a 2017 data file.
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.