The Community Meetup- October 2022 Edition

Quicken Janean
Quicken Janean Moderator admin
edited November 2022 in The Water Cooler
This month, we discuss the Migration, the issues and what we are trying to improve as well as the benefits of these changes. 

Also, we have a Q&A with our very own Kathryn from our Digital Care Team. Please take the time to read what she has to share and get to know her a little more. 

Feel free to respond to the Question of The Month on the Monthly Statistics page as
well, directly to this post. We are curious what tips you all have to share with our users.

Lastly, attached is the PDF, interactive version of the newsletter with clickable links.

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: What's a quick tip to share ...
    All I can say is

Backups, backups and more backups!

I recommend you review your backup settings in Quicken to ensure that you create a backup every time you close Quicken when you're done working with it at the end of the day. That minimizes the number of lost changes since the last backup, should you have to restore your data file.
    Configure your backup settings so that one backup copy remains on your hard drive, another one goes to an external storage device (USB hard drive, SD card, networked or cloud based backup service). And if you like the belt and suspenders approach, send a copy of one of these backup copies to your Dropbox, One Drive or other Internet storage service providers.
    One can never have enough backup copies of your Quicken data files. BTDTGTS to prove it!

https://www.quicken.com/support/how-backup-or-restore-your-quicken-data

Please note: The Sync file, for use with Quicken on the Web or Quicken Mobile on your smartphone cannot be used to replace a lost PC-based Quicken data file. You need to create your own backup files.

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    My "quick tip" is controversial: perform a Validate & Repair periodically.
    I do so approximately every month. I believe it is better to let Quicken find and fix what corruption it can early rather than allowing it to accumulate to the point where it can't be repaired. Not everyone agrees, arguing it can potentially damage the data. But it seems to work for me. In any case, Validate performs an automatic backup if you notice anything amiss afterward.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

This discussion has been closed.