Can't Re-Activate Account Downloads

My quicken software slowed down to a crawl, so I followed Quicken’s directions on how to validate my files. This helped with speed, but it deactivated ALL of my account downloads in the process, something they didn’t warn about. I went into each account and re-activated them one by one. This was tedious, as quicken kept locking up on me. I am unable however to re-activate downloads for my final account, my Capital One credit card. When I click on “Activate Downloads” in my accounts list, my PC screen turns gray and locks up. The same thing happens if I try and activate it via my Update Settings. What is going on?

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @craigtaz,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password
    Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• craigtaz
    craigtaz Member
    Unfortunately, this only made matter worse for me. Signing out and back in disabled my checking account downloads. When I re-enabled it, it downloaded all of September’s transactions that had already been cleared. When I tried to re-activate my Capitol One downloads again, the screen continued to turn gray and lock up, forcing me to shut down Quicken via task manager.
This discussion has been closed.