Ghost Balance Adjustments?

Options
Elfred
Elfred Member ✭✭
In my last download, my balance in one account was off by about 30%. Comparing registers to the bank, I see not discrepancy. However, when I report, I see 3, monthly "Balance Adjustments" against the account that total the discrepancy. When I search across the file, I don't find them, even when I include split transactions.

SO... I cannot find them to remove them. Ideas?

Answers

• davidinangelfire
    Options
    you might check your 'opening balance'. i had that problem when converting my bank to EWC+
  • Elfred
    Elfred Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thx. This register is about 2 years old and this happened after a recent restore of a 3 day old backup. Those adjustments only happened for the past 3 months.

The confounding part is that they are not in the register. I ONLY see them in a report.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Double-clicking on a transaction in a report should take you to that transaction in the account register. Try it.
    Is your register view filtered to exclude certain transaction types, date ranges, etc.? See the 3 Filter fields on top of the register and/or click the Reset button to reset filters to default.
  • Elfred
    Elfred Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks - found it but do not understand it. The Balance Adjustment is not in the Checking account - it is in a Mortgage account that is not linked or even with the same bank. The adjustment appears to be assuming I want to pay more from this account so it is automagically creating transactions!
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Elfred said:
    Thanks - found it but do not understand it. The Balance Adjustment is not in the Checking account - it is in a Mortgage account that is not linked or even with the same bank. The adjustment appears to be assuming I want to pay more from this account so it is automagically creating transactions!

If you want to dig deeper, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone and request help.  Let them do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it. I can't see your registers and it takes someone to look over your shoulder to get to the bottom of this.

Quicken Support:

This discussion has been closed.