How to stop credit card ebills from scheduling full balance for payment?

Options
I have several credit cards connected for ebills to my Quicken. When the bill comes out, Quicken automatically schedules the full amount of the credit card bill to be deducted from my account balance on the due date. When I set up the payees, I put in lesser amounts as the amount to pay each month. But still, each time the evil comes out, it auto-schedules the full amount. I have tried to edit the scheduled transactions in my checking account register and it saves the changes that I made to the amount for that moment. But when I go into Quicken again a couple of days later, I notice that the scheduled payments are overridden and changed back to the full amount due. Is there any way to schedule the transactions for a specific amount, or the minimum payment due, rather than the full balance? I would still prefer to keep the ebills connected.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @sarahk0814,

Thank you for taking the time to report your issue here in the Community, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

Based on the issue you described, it would be better suited for you to please reach out to Quicken Support directly for further assistance and possible escalation if they see fit.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AFAIK, you can "Default to minimum amount due" ...
    from full amount due. I don't know if you can select a varying amount in between ... I don't think so.
    Establishing Autopay from the credit card website for a desired amount might be a better approach. Let them debit your checking account automatically every month on due date and you won't have to worry about missing or late payments. If you choose to go this way, unlink the bill in Quicken and use a regular payment reminder to record your payment.
This discussion has been closed.