Chase -- force reauthorization and switch to new connection method?

Options
guackqui
guackqui Member, Windows Beta Beta
Is there a way to FORCE Quicken to go through the Chase re-authorization process and switch to the new method?  I am not being prompted, and (as expected) transactions are no longer downloading from Chase using the existing connection methods
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @guackqui

Have you tried simply deactivating all of your Chase accounts first (make sure you get all of them), and then reactivating (or reconnecting them) by using the "Set up online" button from one account's register?  That should take you through the reauthorization steps at Chase.  But make sure you have a good backup before you start.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @guackqui,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @guackqui

Have you tried simply deactivating all of your Chase accounts first (make sure you get all of them), and then reactivating (or reconnecting them) by using the "Set up online" button from one account's register?  That should take you through the reauthorization steps at Chase.  But make sure you have a good backup before you start.

Let me know how that goes.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• guackqui
    Options
    Thank you for your suggestion.  No, I have not yet tried Deactivating ALL Chase accounts (there are several of them).  That's a good thought and I will report back once I've had a chance to implement your suggestion.
  • guackqui
    Options
    Yes, that worked.  ALL the accounts had to be deleted.  Annoying but hey.  Thanks for the suggestion
This discussion has been closed.