American Express Credit Cards Failing to Download

Options
Mark Torpey
Mark Torpey Member ✭✭✭
When reconciling my bills, I realized that my (2) AMEX credit cards had not been downloaded since Sept 21. OSU shows complete each day but no manually entered transactions are clearing, and no last download date shows at the top of the account page. I tried to deactivate and reactivate with both cards showing the correct linked accounts but nothing is downloaded. I even tried to change the method to EWC but that failed.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When reconciling my bills, I realized that my (2) AMEX credit cards had not been downloaded since Sept 21. OSU shows complete each day but no manually entered transactions are clearing, and no last download date shows at the top of the account page. I tried to deactivate and reactivate with both cards showing the correct linked accounts but nothing is downloaded. I even tried to change the method to EWC but that failed.

Any suggestions?
    Hello @Mark Torpey,   

I am sorry to hear about this problem with accounts that don't appear to download transactions after an update. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

What happened when you tried to change the connection method on your accounts, specifically? Moreover, were you noticing any particular error codes when this problem with missing downloads began? Note that there is currently an Open Alert that may be related to this situation. You can follow the link here for additional details and any future updates.

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Mark Torpey
    Mark Torpey Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. There were no error codes and OSU shows complete but nothing appears to download and there is no date for the last download at the top of the account page. I will check out the link you provided to see if this is relevant.
  • Mark Torpey
    Mark Torpey Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Further clarification ... when attempting to change download methods I believe the message simply stated unavailable. I don't remember the exact wording.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Further clarification ... when attempting to change download methods I believe the message simply stated unavailable. I don't remember the exact wording.
    Hello @Mark Topey,  

Thanks for getting back to me with more information about what is happening. I am sorry about these issues with making changes to the connection method.

I see; it sounds as though the connection method being used for these accounts is still Direct Connect. If you can, save a backup by navigating to File > Copy or Backup File... in the upper menu at the top of the screen, then try making use of the steps provided in this Support Article.

If you notice this message reappearing, would you be willing to provide screenshots of what you're seeing - with personal information redacted as necessary? You can follow the steps explained in this FAQ in order to do this. Also note that you may drag and drop your images into your comment in order to submit images, as well.

I look forward to your reply. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Mark Torpey
    Mark Torpey Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Jared. These are AMEX accounts. My Chase and BofA seem to be working fine. Are you still suggesting I follow the steps for Chase accounts?
This discussion has been closed.