PenFed CC-503 error

Options
jcpistone
jcpistone Member ✭✭
I'm unable to update any of my Penfed accounts. Getting CC-503 error telling me incorrect username or password. Able to log into the Penfed website with no problem. Problem began on October 12th. Issue also occurred approx 3 weeks ago but resolved itself after a few days.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @jcpistone

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community with this issue. 

We do currently have an active alert regarding Pentagon Federal users receiving CC-503 errors with their accounts. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

I apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• William E Russell
    Options
    I tried a manual download, it downloaded a different named account name. I need to merge the accounts?
  • Johst16
    Johst16 Member
    Options
    PENFED is the only one that seems to consistently always do this every so often and then it takes a while before it is up and running. Why is this?
  • davemoo65
    Options
    Going on 3 months to resolve this issue. Can we get some resolution to this issue soon???? This is very frustrating for Penfed account holders.
  • csiks99@
    csiks99@ Member ✭✭
    Options
    Here is what alatarga received from PenFed on Nov 13: "Third-party applications can use a variety of means to access your data, one of these options is called screen-scraping. After careful consideration, PenFed has decided not to allow the collection of data through screen-scraping at this time; therefore, connecting to those type of programs, such as Quicken, Mint, and Ramp (are now) blocked." and what Kenr43 received from PenFed on Nov 15: "PenFed has changed its process to no longer allowing 3rd party applications access our servers...... You can still download your transaction history, and import it to Quicken, however it will no longer allow the automatic downloads you have been accustomed to."
    So there is nothing Quicken can do to resolve the issue since PenFed has blocked all third party access.
    Time to move to one of the hundreds of other institutions who allow Quicken to access your data.
  • thewig2
    thewig2 Member
    Options
    I have filed a complaint with PenFed and recommend others do the same. I have been with them for 40 years and have told them I will take my money elsewhere in 3 months if it is not permanently fixed.
  • Steve Finance
    Options
    I contacted PenFed regarding this issue and here is their response received on 11-Dec-2022:

"Third-party applications can use a variety of means to access your data, one of these options is called screen-scraping. After careful consideration, PenFed has decided not to allow the collection of data through screen-scraping at this time; therefore, connecting to those type of programs, such as Quicken, Mint, and Ramp may be blocked. Applications that use alternative means of data collection are still allowed and should work as intended.

If you are experiencing issues with a third-party application, you may need to manually download transactions to your device, and then import the data to the desired program."
  • carpenterr
    carpenterr Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Not sure how long it will last, but I was able to re-activate my checking, savings, and CC accounts this morning. We will see how long it lasts!
  • Linda
    Linda Member ✭✭
    Options
    Wow, I hope that this fix with PenFed will be available for all of us. As of this morning, I still am unable to download my PenFed accounts.
  • csiks99@
    csiks99@ Member ✭✭
    Options
    Linda, Try re-setting up with the bank as "Pentagon FCU" after Deactivating all your existing PenFed OnLine Services. You may have to do an "Add Account" to choose Pentagon FCU. Then just select "link to existing" Quicken accounts
This discussion has been closed.