Downloading from Bank of America

Options
dianevoit
dianevoit Member
Why are future payments from Bank of American no longer downloading? Payments set up in the payments Center are no longer downloading.

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Scheduled payments via DC from within Quicken will download because it is a 2-way communication method whereby the scheduled payments at the bank and in the register in Quicken are linked to each other.
    EWC+ is a 1-way communication method which downloads transactions only after the transactions have been made.  So, you will not get payments scheduled on the BofA website downloaded into Quicken until after the payment has been made.
    If you wish to show scheduled payments in your BofA account register you will need to manually enter them.  When the payment transaction is later downloaded by BofA Quicken will likely match it to the previous manually entered transaction.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Scheduled payments via DC from within Quicken will download because it is a 2-way communication method whereby the scheduled payments at the bank and in the register in Quicken are linked to each other.
    EWC+ is a 1-way communication method which downloads transactions only after the transactions have been made.  So, you will not get payments scheduled on the BofA website downloaded into Quicken until after the payment has been made.
    If you wish to show scheduled payments in your BofA account register you will need to manually enter them.  When the payment transaction is later downloaded by BofA Quicken will likely match it to the previous manually entered transaction.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11

• hamby1984house
    Options
    Why cannot I download transactions from Bank of American to Quicken? It is telling me to download transactions and share through a third party, quicken is this true? That is not going to happen. There no reason for them to know that information.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why cannot I download transactions from Bank of American to Quicken? It is telling me to download transactions and share through a third party, quicken is this true? That is not going to happen. There no reason for them to know that information.
    The "third-party" is Quicken Inc and their aggregator Intuit.
    The flow for Express Web Connect and Express Web Connect + is:
    Quicken (the program) -> Quicken server/Quicken cloud dataset/Sync -> Intuit -> Financial institution's server.

If you aren't going to allow Quicken Inc/Intuit access to the transaction data, you aren't going to get any downloaded transactions.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.