Transactions missing from last two Chase CC downloads

Options
SandraStowell
SandraStowell Member ✭✭✭
On my last two attempts at downloading transactions, several very recent transactions just will not download. I download pretty much every week or even more frequently.
One or two transactions from the previous day or two downloaded, but half a dozen transactions from 3-4 days previous will not download.
This may be since the most recent Quicken update, V R44.27 build 27.1.44.27, Windows 11 home edition.
So then I tried to import the missing transactions via a filtered display at my CC site, but Quicken said 0 transactions imported, but seems to have created a new account with these transactions!!
I have reset the original CC account and tried to update again, but ... any ideas?

Also I reconciled this account on 10/10, after manually entering quite a few transactions from the first incident of missing transactions. Today I think I have entered those 10 missing from my second problematic download, but when I try to reconcile the account, it shows it off by a very large $ amount, although the online balance and my Quicken account balance are closer. I cannot make any sense of this.
PTArtist.com

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    On my last two attempts at downloading transactions, several very recent transactions just will not download. I download pretty much every week or even more frequently.
    One or two transactions from the previous day or two downloaded, but half a dozen transactions from 3-4 days previous will not download.
    This may be since the most recent Quicken update, V R44.27 build 27.1.44.27, Windows 11 home edition.
    So then I tried to import the missing transactions via a filtered display at my CC site, but Quicken said 0 transactions imported, but seems to have created a new account with these transactions!!
    I have reset the original CC account and tried to update again, but ... any ideas?
    Hello @San@SandraStowell

I am sorry to hear about this issue with missing transactions after downloads. Thank you for asking about this here on the Quicken Community. 

Do you know if any of these transactions were previously downloaded and deleted? If so, deleted transactions will not download again, and must be entered manually. Also note that there is a current Open Alert regarding Chase accounts and similar issues that may be related. You can consult the link provided here for all available information, and any future updates.

I hope that is helpful, and I look forward to your reply. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't explain why the transactions aren't downloading using Express Web Connect +, but I think I can explain why importing a QFX file created a new account.

Quicken looks at certain information like the username/account number/financial institution to connect an online account to one in Quicken.  It is quite possible for the financial institution to put in different information in the different connection methods.  As such, Quicken thinks that the QFX file is from a different online account than the one that is connected to the one in Quicken.

I think only Chase would be able to get the information provided in both connection methods to line up.
    I'm not very confident that they would do it though.

In the meantime, you can use this method to move the transactions from the new account to the old one.
    FAQ: How Do I Move Transactions Between Quicken Accounts? — Quicken
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • SandraStowell
    SandraStowell Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Thank you Chris! I did indeed move the transactions into my "real" Quicken account, rather than entering them manually. Glad that I remembered that feature, and that it can be applied to multiple selected transactions! And I have deleted the new account...

But of course my real problem remains. Downloads from my CC are not reliable, and the balance and reconcile are way off. I have a sinking feeling that I may have to "archive" this account and start over with a new one, making reports tedious, etc.
    PTArtist.com
  • SandraStowell
    SandraStowell Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Jared, none of these transactions that failed to download had been previous downloaded or entered manually then deleted. These are all new recent transactions from this month.
    I had no problems with this account until about two weeks ago. It appears that I have had 3 Quicken updates this month.
    Thank you for the link to the Chase account problem, it gives me hope... :wink:
    PTArtist.com
  • SandraStowell
    SandraStowell Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    It seems there have been a couple of major issues with the Chase EWC+ connection method that have been known/open for a couple of months (since August at least). Duplicates on migration, then transactions that don't download, reconciliation problems due to pending transactions, etc.
    No target date for fixes...
    PTArtist.com
This discussion has been closed.