How to fix USAA importing as TXFR

Options
sjstiles836
sjstiles836 Member ✭✭
USAA imports all transactions, except for interest, as TXFR as the check number. This requires every transaction to be edited to remove the TXFR so a category can be assigned. Since USAA is refusing to fix this and insisting this is correct as they perceive all Bill Pays as account transfers - sorry not true in my banking world of 30 years including Product Management for ACH, Check and Deposit and Online services. Account Transfer is Account to Account within the same institution, Bill Pay is not Account Transfer. Is there a way to do a force override upon import of USAA's miss-assignment of Check Number to blank out the TXFR so a Category can be selected - other than one by one edit for every transaction? Historically this has been an issue, and frankly its been like this for YEARS. Every once in a while I try to find a solution. Still none. Yes I checked the Data import and memorized transactions.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Check for a Memorized Payee (Tools menu) with TXFR as the check number, edit it and then lock it to prevent future changes.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is a known problem with USAA and has been one since the changed their security model about two years ago.  They don't seem to be interested in fixing it.

In the downloaded data they are coding all the transactions as transfers instead of credits and debits.

Other than manually change the TXFR in the check number field, the only other way to get around this problem is to make sure you have a matching memorized payee with the correct category.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • W0kDNyRXGSgKvUmcdIqs
    Options
    Very annoying, I agree. USAA causing me pain.
This discussion has been closed.