Account Balances Report: Why is it not working?

Options
Rhodes
Rhodes Member
edited November 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I suddenly have a discrepancy in my checking account balance. It reconciled fine with last statement but attempts to reconcile next statement shows an incorrect beginning balance. 

Reconciliation reports are only good for the last reconciled statement and it now shows the same discrepancy for the beginning balance on the previous statement. I verified all of the transactions that were on the last two statements were still correct in Quicken. 

I thought I might be able track down a changed transaction by reproducing the bank balances for the ending dates on previous statements but the Account Balances report does not produce a report. I have tried several times with various end dates. It pops up a thinking window briefly but that goes away and no report. 

What can I do to verify previous balances have or have not changed so I can track down this error?
Tagged:

Answers

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What version of Quicken are you using?  (Help > About Quicken)  The Account Balances report is working fine for me.  (R43.32)
    As to the reconciliation issue, there seems to have been a rash of Opening Balances getting changed recently, so that's the first place I'd look. 
    Within the checking Account if you click on the gearwheel icon then "More reports" there's a Net Worth report available that shows only that particular Account.  Does that work for you?
  • Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    To be clear, the Opening Balance that has been changed for some users is the original opening balance of the account, which of course also affects the opening balances for reconciliation.
    QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.