Quicken Syncing to the Cloud Even Though I Did Not Set this up

Options
James114
James114 Member ✭✭✭
I opened a backup file and I notice Quicken Message saying Syncing to the cloud...
I never, ever told Quicken to Sync to the cloud.

HOW DO I TURN THIS OFF!

Comments

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    There are two types of syncing to cloud.
    1) Confirming your Quicken Id registered to your installation (no financial information) is still active;
    2) Syncing to the Quicken Cloud Account the financial information of the selected accounts so that it can be viewed/accessed by QMobile/Q-Web.

#1 you have no control over
    #2 Check your preferences for the second, it should indicate OFF.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• GokaL
    GokaL Member
    Options
    Can anyone help? My sync Mobile and web is Off. When I restore a backed file, quicken automatically syncs and totally messes up my file
  • GokaL
    GokaL Member
    Options
    How do I turn-off sync?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What I suggest is you don't do a restore.

Instead, what you should do is use Windows File Explorer.
    First make a copy of the Quicken data file just in case.
    Next make a copy of the backup data file and rename it to the same as the Quicken data file you are replacing including changing the type from .QDF-backup to .QDF.
    Now replace your original data file with this new one.

Another approach might be to create another data file that has Sync to Mobile/Web enabled and use it to delete the Quicken Cloud dataset of the original data file, and then do a restore of the original data file.

You might want to do this even if you use the Windows File Explorer approach, but I have never used Quicken's restore and have had good results just using Windows File Explorer.

Here is what is happening.  About a year two ago they changed how Restore works.  Before that time, it was nothing more than doing what I put above with Windows File Explorer, but because of all the syncing to the Quicken Cloud dataset (Express Web Connect/Express Web Connect + sync to the Quicken Cloud dataset for instance in the exact same way that Sync to Mobile/Web does) they were running into problems for people doing restores.

So, the current Restore does a sync with the Quicken Cloud dataset as part of the operation.  If they Quicken data file and the Quicken Cloud dataset are really out of sync this can result in it messing up the restored data file.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.