American Express Rewards Checking

Options
mld695
mld695 Member
I recently opened an American Express Rewards Checking account. I am having trouble adding the account to Quicken. When I choose to add an account and select American Express once I enter my log in credentials the only account I can add is my credit card account. Is the Rewards Checking account not available for connection on Quicken?

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @mld695,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with adding an account on Quicken. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and attempting to add the American Express accounts to see if the same issue occurs with one of the accounts not appearing. You can create a test file by navigating to File > New > Start from Scratch. Please keep in mind that it is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps (just in case). 

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Does the website for your checking account allow you to download transactions in a QFX (Quicken-compatible Web Connect) file? If so, see if you can import that into Quicken and link it to your register, if you already have one.
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Make sure that you select "American Express Banking FSB" when connecting your checking account, not "American Express" which (as you found) only connects to their credit cards.

You won't be able to use Direct Connect, only Quicken Connect or Web Connect.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• mld695
    mld695 Member
    Options
    Jon, thanks for the response. I did try that and it did not take my log in credentials for my AMEX account which was odd. I'll try again or potentially reach out to AMEX support.
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    When I opened an Amex savings account last year I had to create a new set of login credentials to access the savings account; the login for the credit card wouldn't work. Did you do that?

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• mld695
    mld695 Member
    Options
    I went ahead and added the account manually, but am looking for a way to configure for transaction downloading. At this point, I am having to manually enter transactions.
  • mld695
    mld695 Member
    Options
    Wondering if there is a difference between the personal savings and the rewards checking. The rewards checking automatically appears on my AMEX dashboard. I'll see if I can set up an account through personal savings and see if the rewards checking shows up there.
This discussion has been closed.