how come i cant link an account from a bank connection to an existing acct in quicken?

Options
Jim68
Jim68 Member ✭✭
seems like every time a quicken update is done regarding a bank connection, the first time i connect to the bank, the bank downloads like 90 days of transactions plus the beginning balance and does not give me the option to link to an existing account i have set up, actually same account number. what are the proper steps to follow to get quicken's new updates to sync/connect with the same accounts i have been using?

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Jim68

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue with linking your accounts. 

Before I can further assist you, I require some more information. Which financial institution(s) are you experiencing this with? What is the connection method with the said financial institution(s)? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List. Is the option "link to existing" greyed out when attempting to reconnect your accounts?

I look forward to your response.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Jim68
    Jim68 Member ✭✭
    Options
    thank you for helping. i am with Bank of America which quicken recently acknowledged a "change" or the like. right now i have a couple accounts with the bank that show as "Express Web connect +". a accounts state connection "yes" (improve connection) which when i just clicked on and states "you need a direct connect login". i got frustrated with the software last weekend so havent persued that. if i recall correclty, there was no "link to existing account" option. when i "re-authorized" it jsut created another account, downloading about 90 days of activity along with a beginning balance. i do have an older, saved data file i can switch to and start over if you think that helps. thank you.
This discussion has been closed.