Answers

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fsandy said:
    How do I download activity from Discover Card
    It used to be possible
    Hello @fsandy,   

I am sorry to hear about these issues with online banking services. Thank you for reaching out about this here on the Quicken Community. 

First, could you tell us a little more about what seems to happening, at the moment? Are you trying to update accounts via One Step Update, or are you trying to download QFX files and import them? Also, are you noticing any error messages that seem to be related to this problem with downloading transaction data?

I look forward to hearing more from you about this. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are you referring to being able to download a Web Connect .QFX file from the Discover website and import it into Quicken?  If so, you can't, Discover stopped providing Web Connect .QFX files when they dropped supporting Direct Connect downloads.
    An alternate method is to download a CSV file from the website and use ImportQIF (free from Quicknperlwiz.com) to convert it to a .QIF file and import it.  I personally use it and it works great.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• fsandy
    fsandy Member
    Options
    Discover no longer supports QFX
    One step update leaves error message:
    "... we are unable to connect to he Quicken servers at this time... "
    same message for over a week.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Take a look at the financial institution on the Account Details.  Some have reported that the financial institution name needs to be "Discover Card", not "Discover Bank".  If it is wrong, try deactivating it on the Online services tab and then use Tools -> Add Account to pick the right one and make sure you like to the existing account when you get to that dialog.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • fsandy
    fsandy Member
    Options
    I have both Discover Bank and Discover Card in Quicken. The Discover Bank account is closed but I want to retain the data from it. Both are deactivated for one step updates. I just want to activate Discover Card. I do not want to create a new Discover Card account and lose all the data from my current account.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The term “Add Account” is a little misleading because after your have run through the setup and login Quicken presents you with a dialog that is used to match the online accounts to the ones in Quicken. It on that dialog that there is a pull down menu that allows you to create a new account in Quicken or link to an existing account in Quicken.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • fsandy
    fsandy Member
    Options
    Neither tools/add account or + on the account bar does anything.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fsandy said:
    Neither tools/add account or + on the account bar does anything.
    Hello @fsandy,   

I am sorry to hear that this issue is continuing. Thank you for continuing to communicate with us about this. 

Are you saying that clicking on these menu options produces no effect, and they are unresponsive? If so, where is your current active data file located? You can check this anytime by navigating to File > Show this file on my computer... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that the data file is located on your computer, and not on an external hard drive or cloud-based storage service, as these locations can cause erratic behavior and even data damage.

I look forward to your response and I hope to provide more recommendations, if necessary. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • fsandy
    fsandy Member
    Options
    It is on a USB thumb drive on my computer and has always worked there. Everything else in Quicken that I use, including downloading qfx files from other financial institutions, works.
  • jchanfive
    jchanfive Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    [Removed - Solicitation]
    I'm googling solutions and many are from the quicken website but none work. I, too, can't get my quicken program to add an account. I have both discover card and discover bank accounts. I deactivated but don't a "reactivate" button. When I follow the "setup now" button and login I get an error message and am advised to try again in a few hours. As you noted, it's been a couple of weeks on that one for me.
  • dalehawaii
    dalehawaii Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Appears the Discover website (discover.com) is down where we can't log in. Likewise, we're receiving CC-505 errors. For now, I'd wait until the website is back up. 
    Quicken user since 1996
    Quicken Home & Business Subscription
This discussion has been closed.