New to Quicken - Started on Web, Not Syncing to Mac [edit]

bobmarsh5
bobmarsh5 Member
Hi - I just signed up for Quicken Deluxe, and got everything setup in the Web version. I downloaded the desktop version for Mac and signed in, but none of the data is syncing to my desktop version. It's just all showing blank. I've confirmed I'm signed in, and that Sync is turned on in preferences. Any suggestions?

Best Answer

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It’s really a bad bug/feature that should never happen.  The data already entered on the web is orphaned and will never Sync with the desktop.  You really need to re-start with the desktop as your anchor… re-enter all your data, and then move on from there with Sync, Mobile App, and Web. 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

Answers

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    It’s really a bad bug/feature that should never happen.  The data already entered on the web is orphaned and will never Sync with the desktop.  You really need to re-start with the desktop as your anchor… re-enter all your data, and then move on from there with Sync, Mobile App, and Web. 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Ps56k2 said:
    Actually, Quicken Mac does have a "beta option" that allows the user to link to the Quicken Cloud dataset that was setup before they used Quicken Mac.  Quicken Windows doesn't have this feature.

Hopefully one of the Quicken Mac Superusers will come by and explain what is needed to use it.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris_QPW said:
    Actually, Quicken Mac does have a "beta option" that allows the user to link to the Quicken Cloud dataset that was setup before they used Quicken Mac.  Quicken Windows doesn't have this feature.

Hopefully one of the Quicken Mac Superusers will come by and explain what is needed to use it.
    I know the “beta” feature discussion has popped up every so often… but I don’t really want to encourage or support this … 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    @Ps56k2 I only mention the start-from-the-cloud option when a user has already done so and is stuck trying to get up and running, as is the case here with @bobmarsh5 .

In order to try to do the sync from web to a new desktop file, first create a new desktop file with File > New while holding down the Command key. When you land on the "Let's Get Started" page, the last option will show "Start from a Quicken Cloud Account (BETA)". 

That said, I'd note that…
    1. People who have posted here about trying this have all (almost all?) reported no success with this feature. (I tried testing it once, and it appeared it might work, but Quicken selected the wrong Cloud account — not my current file — so I wasn't able to get it to work.)
    2. This feature has never been part of actual beta testing of a particular release of Quicken; it's apparently something the developers worked on at some point, but the status of its functionality is unknown. In that it's been in place for a long time now, I wonder whether it is an incomplete or abandoned implementation.

@bobmarsh5 If you try the steps above and it doesn't work, I'd suggest calling Quicken Support. It is Quicken's own Support page which directs users to do exactly what you did (as seen in this video on getting started using Quicken)  — start on the web, then migrate to desktop — and so I'd put the responsibility on them to help you out. Perhaps there's some other step in the magic sauce to get this to work. Please post back if Quicken Support is able to get you over the hump!
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    What I find so irresponsible on Quicken Inc’s part is that this has been reported many times and they have yet to fix that video or block this from happening or fixing the support for it.  To do nothing is really bad, especially because this is catching the very newer users that they are trying to attract.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.