Issue with Schwab transactions

Options
ntanti
ntanti Member ✭✭
Is there a problem with transactions coming across from Schwab? I processed a transaction with Schwab on 10/20 and it never showed up in Quicken.

Answers

• MontanaKarl
    MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    I've not had any missing Schwab downloads - brokerage or bank.  I assume you switched to the new EWC+ download method earlier in the year when it was required?

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

• ntanti
    ntanti Member ✭✭
    Options
    I was getting transactions from my brokerage account until 10/14. I found there is an identified problem with downloads from Schwab. It has been ongoing since the end of September with no ETA.
  • Joseph Witkin
    Joseph Witkin Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    505 errors trying to download Schwab transactions last few days 
  • BarryMo
    BarryMo Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I am having problems not getting transactions from Oct. On one account it worked fine, another did not. I did an account reset, and it did not resolve the problem.
  • BarryMo
    BarryMo Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I even validated my file, deactivated and added back online access and still cannot get Oct transactions.
  • dp_go_blue
    dp_go_blue Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have the same problem. No transactions coming in via download. Quicken team this seems to be a continued issue across multiple financial institutions. I hope this type of issue gets the attention it deserves and very quickly.
  • taram
    taram Member
    Options
    I too am having trouble getting proper balances downloaded into my Schwab brokerage account. The stock information seems okay, but the cash balance is wildly off.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello All, 

Thank you for reaching out and joining this thread to share that you are also experiencing this issue. 

We do currently have an ongoing active alert regarding Schwab users missing transactions or being unable to download new transactions. You may follow this link to access that alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur. 

I apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• gdrozsa
    gdrozsa Unconfirmed, Member
    Options
    I too am having issues with downloading of Schwab transactions. My accounts are not lining up and I am missing scores of transactions. If this is not fixed, I may have to leave Quicken after more than 20 years as a loyal customer.
  • BobC
    BobC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I am also having a problem with Quicken and my Schwab accounts.  In my case, it just started, on 11/15/2022.  I was running version 27.1.45.7, upgraded from a prior version (27.1.??) on 11/9/2022.  I upgraded to version 27.1.45.11 today, 11/17/2022, and it too suffers from the same problem.  The Schwab connection was changed from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect Plus some time ago, per Quicken instructions when the connection method was changed by Schwab/Quicken.

Problem - Quicken is no longer downloading the number of shares of SWVXX in my account.  They are reported correctly on the Schwab web site.  They are carried correctly, in Quicken.  But as of 11/15/2022, they are not being downloaded correctly into Quicken, so Quicken reports the shares as "missing" when a reconcile is attempted.  It volunteers to enter a placeholder transaction to sell or otherwise dispose of the shares that are still in Quicken.

So, Quicken now thinks I have no SWVXX.  This is in error.  I still have a substantial amount of SWVXX in the account.

There was a long standing series of errors, where Quicken was suggesting that users convert their SWVXX to cash, which is incorrect.  It cannot be used as cash in a user's account.  It must be sold, and then it will show up as cash, and can be used to trade or transfer cash out of the users account.

So, SWVXX should never be shown as cash in Quicken, and is NOT carried as cash in a user's account on the Schwab web site.  If the user did not convert their Quicken representation of SWVXX shares to cash, Quicken still carried them correctly, as fund holdings, at least until 11/15/2022, when my SWVXX shares were no longer reported as such in my Quicken account.

Quicken and Schwab need to work together to fix this issue, so the number of shares, as shown on my Schwab account web site and in the associated statements, are correctly downloaded from Schwab whenever I do an update, and properly shown in Quicken.

As I noted above, SWVXX shares cannot be used like cash in brokerage account.  They must be bought before they will accumulate interest, at the SWVXX fund rate, and they must be sold before they can be used to transfer cash out of the account or used to buy other funds or stock.

Thanks,
    BobC

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Subscription, Build 27.1.52.28,
    Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 OS build 22621.2283 Exp 1000.22662.1000.0

This discussion has been closed.