How to update a CC account password in the Vault?

Options
Duane C.
Duane C. Member ✭✭
I've tried editing the Password Vault but there is nothing that allows me to update the password. In fact, the fault listing says "Not Required" under the password required heading for several accounts that do require a password. I changed the PW for my Citi Visa account, but now I can't update Quicken to access the account. Help!

Best Answer

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Duane C.,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If the account has been deactivated from online connectivity, you can simply reactivate the account using the new password. Any transactions that have already been downloaded previously should not be redownloaded/duplicated. However, if you're concerned and wish to take precautions, I advise saving a backup before performing any troubleshooting steps (just in case).

If needed, please refer to this support article and scroll down to the section titled To Reactivate Account(s) for instructions on how to reactivate the account.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Duane C.
    Duane C. Member ✭✭
    Options
    And it just keeps getting better - I just ran a validity check on my R34.24 Quicken account file, which found an error on this particular CC account, and now it does not have online update activated. How do I turn that back on without getting months of duplicate transactions downloaded?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Duane C.,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If the account has been deactivated from online connectivity, you can simply reactivate the account using the new password. Any transactions that have already been downloaded previously should not be redownloaded/duplicated. However, if you're concerned and wish to take precautions, I advise saving a backup before performing any troubleshooting steps (just in case).

If needed, please refer to this support article and scroll down to the section titled To Reactivate Account(s) for instructions on how to reactivate the account.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Duane C.
    Duane C. Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you, Anja - that worked. You might want to update the instructions on reactivation because the account doesn't have to be "Edited" or opened to reactivate - there is a highlighted blue indicator by the account name, in the list, that says "Reactivate." I used that and it worked fine. Thanks for your helpl
This discussion has been closed.