Recent Transactions Dashboard Tile does not update (Q Mac)

Options
MontanaKarl
MontanaKarl Member, Mac Beta Beta
In QMac 6.10.2, the Recent Transactions tile on the new Dashboard does not really show recent transactions.

My Dashboard tile's most recent transaction is Oct 15 showing an interest deposit in a brokerage account.

That same account had a dividend deposit on October 17.  Not showing.  I quit, restarted.  Still not showing.

I had a bunch of 'sell' transactions today that downloaded (Oct 25).  Not showing in the Dashboard.

For that matter, setting the Recent Transactions tile to show "Last 90 Days" ... only interest deposits show.  No dividend income, which should definitely be there, even if purchases and sales (which I would want to see too) are considered 'out of scope' for this Dashboard feature.  I don't see any 'filter' options to choose what transactions Quicken has magically decided to show and to not show.   Seems like a design flaw / bug to me.

Quicken user since 1990, MacBook Pro M2 Max on Ventura 13.6.5 • Windows 11

Comments

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    @MontanaKarl From what I can see the "Recent Transactions" on the Home Dashboard card shows only banking transactions, not banking and investment transactions. So a payment in an investment account, which is a banking transaction, will show in Recent Transactions, while a Dividend paid in the same account will not.

I do not know if it was designed this was intentionally, or if they didn't tackle the complexity of pulling together the different tables of banking and investment transactions.

It would be helpful if we could get a comment from product manager @Quicken Victoria about whether this is working as designed or if this is a hole in the functionality. I agree with you that if there's a card called "Recent Transactions", users would expect it to show all recent transactions. If the developers don't intend to make it work that way, the card should be retitled to something like "Recent Banking Transactions" or "Recent Transactions (Banking only)".
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.