Same Chase Account with a Replacement Card & Number

DavidJ
DavidJ Member ✭✭
All,

Basically, my Chase credit card had to be replaced and it came with a new number as well. Per Chase when I called them this morning, the account is the same, it wasn't closed, nothing changed.

I initially thought all I needed to do was to edit the account in Quicken and then reset it, but since account syncing has been changed from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect I decided to first search the forums for confirmation. After reading various topics in the forum on how to update the Quicken account with the new card #, I ended up following the instruction here (even though Express Connect wasn't specifically mentioned) since it seemed to be the best response... https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7900517/change-credit-card-number-edited

I've updated card #'s in the past without any problems, but after following the above instructions I now have 3 Chase accounts in Quicken; the one with the card that was replaced, one for the new Chase card, and a 3rd one that's a valid and separate Chase account.

Also, after following the instructions above, Quicken downloaded a ton of transactions for the account I received the new card for, but added them to the the 3rd CC account above, which was completely incorrect... :-(

What do I need to do, to simply update the 1 account in Quicken with the new card number, and to keep all transactions in that same Account?

I'm on Quicken Version R44.28, and I have a current backup if needed.

Thanks,
David

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @DavidJ,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

If you navigate to Tools > Account List, do all 3 of these accounts show that they are currently set up with an online connection to Chase?

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• DavidJ
    DavidJ Member ✭✭
    Hi Anja,

Thanks for the follow up!

There's nothing that specifically indicates that, but of the 3 accounts, the one that was deactivated says No (Activate downloads) in the Transaction Download column. The other 2 says Yes (Improve connection). When I click on the Improve Connection link, it says that I need to update to direct connect, which I had already done.

David
This discussion has been closed.