Is anyone having difficulty updating CITI Bank credit card transactions?

John Adams4
John Adams4 Member ✭✭
Recently, updating CITI Bank credit card transactions Quicken goes through its normal routine and shows complete but not showing downloaded transactions. Seconds later up pops a window indicating 502 error which apparently is a sever issue. This had been going on for days necessitating transaction download directly from CITI Banl's website (Web Connect).

Answers

• mikeh0917
    mikeh0917 Member ✭✭
    Yes but I'm getting a OL-209-B error code. I have two Citi accounts but only one of these is a problem. Started this week. Indicates some sort of server issue or space issue??? I use Direct Connect
  • rabourassa
    rabourassa Member ✭✭
    Same here with Citibank says an error has occurred direct connect something is wrong at Quicken or the Bank with their servers.
  • es114
    es114 Member ✭✭
    Have tried for 2 hours to download citi card transactions. Tried data management, still no success. Have long do we have to wait for this to be fixed.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Note CC-* anything is Express Web Connect/Quicken Connect(for Quicken Mac) errors, and OL-* errors should be Direct Connect errors.

The reason this is important is because of who is going to need to fix it.  For Direct Connect it has to be fixed at the financial institution because Quicken is talking directly to the financial institution's OFX server.

For Express Web Connect/Quicken connect the flow is a lot more complicated and you as a result it can be any number of problems/companies.  This is the flow.
    Quicken (the program) -> Quicken servers/Quicken Cloud dataset -> Intuit -> Financial institution.

Note that the "data management" at the Citi Cards website is for Direct Connect only.
    Here is some more information on this:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7877577/faq-new-citi-cards-process-for-direct-connect

For what it is worth, my Citi Costco Visa Anywhere card which is setup with the financial institution of Citi Card and Direct Connect is working just fine.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    And based on this announcement I think getting Citi to work with Express Web Connect/Quicken Connect is a lost cause.  You need to change to "Citi Cards" and Direct Connect to have any chance of it working.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7911445/ongoing-8-8-22-citibank-citi-cards-cc-502-fdp-102

Note that if this is a banking account Citi only supports Express Web Connect/Quicken Connect and so you are out of luck there for getting Direct Connect.  I'm not even sure all Citi credit cards can support it.
    Signature:
  • es114
    es114 Member ✭✭
    I am using citi card with direct connect as my chosen option. as i wrote earlier I accessed data mangement and was granted 10 minutes for setup. Still no success. I understand express connect or other choice won' work. This credit card account is the only account I have that cannot be set up. Need help. Very frustrated.
  • es114
    es114 Member ✭✭
    When I input my citi card id and password, I get the error message. Something to the effect that my quicken password and citi card password are the same which is not the case. I am then directed to the citi card sight to setup an account. BS. I can access the citi card account directly just fine.
  • es114
    es114 Member ✭✭
    Can you see the screenshot attached?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @es114 That error message doesn't say that your Quicken password and Citi Card password is the same.  It says that your Citi Card password is the same one you use to log into the Citi Cards website.

I don't know why Direct Connect isn't working for some people, it works fine for me.  And as for Express Web Connect, well it has been broken for a very long time and they don't seem to be able to fix it.
    Signature:
  • es114
    es114 Member ✭✭
    Called Quicken. Turns out Quicken only accepts up to 16 characters in any account password while Citi Card accepts up to 64. Once I reduced my CitiCard password to 16 everything worked.
  • dp_go_blue
    dp_go_blue Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem with downloading transactions from Citibank costco credit card. To be honest there are numerous issues with Quicken and downloading data from many other banks. Quicken robustness is dropping like a rock in the recent year.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everybody who's reporting issues with Citi credit cards:
    What financial institution have you selected for downloading. For best results, use "Citi Cards".
    You need to allow Quicken to access your Citi credit card account.
    Follow the procedure at https://citi.com/datamanagement

What version of Windows are you using? 7*, 7+SP1*, 8*, 8.1, 10, 11, other*?  (*=unsupported)
  • John Adams4
    John Adams4 Member ✭✭
    As commented earlier, I too am having difficulty with CITI Costco direct connect as well as with the CITI American Airlines credit cards. Downloading transactions from the CITI website (web connect) as not been a problem. A commentator ealier stated that Quicken seems to be on a downfall with connectivity problems with many financial institutions. I concur and find that I have difficulty with Sychrony Banks as well. Much of the fault, I believe, results from financial intuitions upgrading their websites. PayPal is another where direct connect is no longer workable due to an update in their website. My bank, Truist, has eliminated Quicken from transaction download of its wealth management accounts. Truist says it's because their concerns over security. I view Quicken now as a hodgepodge of differing actions for different accounts. As a long time user of Quicken I can get by with its increasing intricacies, but I feel sorry for new users and worry about its future.
  • HollyHo
    HollyHo Member ✭✭
    I am also having trouble downloading Citicard and Optum Bank transactions. Everything looks fine but no transactions are downloaded (I check on the website and see that there are transactions that should have been downloaded. Both of these worked well before but no longer download anything.

I had similar trouble with ALL my Quicken accounts and in a Chat session learned how to deactivate the account, clear its routing and account numbers and then setup the Online connectivity again. This worked for several accounts. However, I have tried it with Citi and Optum multiple times and neither works.
  • John Adams4
    John Adams4 Member ✭✭
    I note in this forum that Quicken is aware of this problem - has been for over a month. In the meantime, with CITI Bank, I download seamlessly directly from CITI Bank via WebConnect for both my Costco and American Airlines credit cards. On another note, I've given up on PayPal's credit. Instead, I've preferred linked my Costco credit card to my PayPal account so that PayPal purchases go directly to my Costco credit card. This works well.
  • aleagle
    aleagle Member ✭✭
    edited December 2022
    [Removed - Profanity] account has been down since May '22, and despite several error reports and telecoms, quicken has been unable to fix it!
  • hsreed3
    hsreed3 Member
    I am having problems downloading my Costco Anywhere account Citi Bank' the transactions download then I get a message that some transactions are missing from my BANK OF AMERICA account. Is there a way to fix this issue?
  • Also having problems with CITI bank credit cards. I've contacted CITI tech support but they are NOT helpful and blame the problem on my browsers and quicken. I can't get the CITI site to accept date ranges and downloads. It does not download the transactions for one of my 3 accounts. The Costco CITI card link works great. The others do not. Is this a Quicken/CITI/browser issue. Frustrating because it used to work flawlessly before CITI did an site update. Comments anyone?
  • John Adams4
    John Adams4 Member ✭✭
    I've no problem downloading transactions from CITI bank (web connect) for my three credit card accounts - Costco and two American Airlines' cards. I use Microsoft Edge browser. 'Continue to be disappointed cannot download transactions via Quicken update.
This discussion has been closed.