Options
Jeff M.
Jeff M. Member ✭✭
Running Version:R44.28, Build 27.1.4428

One Step Update Does not work.
I have:
- Disabled Cloud sync.
- Signed out/Signed In as different user

What makes this worse is that when One Step Update is attempting to run, the Close Button is disabled forcing the user to CTRL->Alt->Delete to kill Quicken. [Removed - Speculation]

DEV team needs to either fix this issue, roll back this update, or come up with a better mitigation protocol.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Jeff M.,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Jeff M.
    Jeff M. Member ✭✭
    Options
    Validate -> One Step Update locks (and the Close Button is disabled, had to CTRL->ALT->DEL)
    Super Validate -> One Step Update locks (and the Close Button is disabled, had to CTRL->ALT->DEL)

Fail and Fail.

This software went out in the wild without QC/QM or adequate testing.
  • rmazejy
    rmazejy Member
    Options
    Definitely One step update is messed up. two brokerage accounts get locked, but when I go to the broker log-in the passwords still work. When I use Quicken during daylight hours - no problem, just late night problems with passwords.
  • scondas
    scondas Member ✭✭
    Options
    I started having trouble this week as well. I can update by updating only a couple of accounts at a time, but if I attempt to update them all, then none of them complete. I validated my data file, with no reported problems, but the problem persists.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Jeff M. and @rmazejy,

Thank you for joining this thread to share that you are experiencing this issue. 

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Quicken? Please refer to the following support articles for instructions on uninstalling here and reinstalling here.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Jeff M.
    Jeff M. Member ✭✭
    Options
    Why should I have to re-install Quicken when it has been working perfectly until this latest update? A better idea is to back out the update to a stable build.
  • kopavi
    kopavi Member ✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Roll back the update until you have fully tested the download process. This isn't a reboot your computer issue

[Edited for Readability] 
  • the-messenger
    Options
    I have reinstalled. No change.
  • Barbara Lynch
    Options
    I agree, Quicken is taking forever to switch between accounts. Actually, anything that I click on takes forever. I am wasting so much time since most recent update. Quicken locks up constantly. Control Alt Delete becomes locked as well. I find that I have to reboot my entire computer. This is so annoying. Please do something quickly.
  • Jeff M.
    Jeff M. Member ✭✭
    Options
    Quicken update to Version R45.7 Build 21.1.45.7 has not fixed this issue. One Step Update locks, close button is disabled, and user is forced to CTRL->ALT->DEL to kill Quicken.
  • Jeff M.
    Jeff M. Member ✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Reinstall does not work. [Removed - Rant]
  • Jeff M.
    Jeff M. Member ✭✭
    Options
    All, Paying It Back: I was on the phone with tech support for two hours today and this is how they got One Step Working:
    1. File -> Copy or Backup File -> Create a copy or template
    2. Set the copy to your active Quicken file
    3. Tools -> Account List
    This is the tedious part:
    4. Add Account: You have re-add all your online accounts and re-link them to your accounts in Quicken:
    5. Advanced Options: Express Web Connect
    6. Go through you online sign on procedures

I had issues with Fidelity and M&T, but appears problem on their end sharing 3rd party. Amex, BoA, Ally are working.
This discussion has been closed.