Cannot enable Fifth Third accounts to Mobile and Web

Options
I have Quicken Home and Business for Mac, with my personal accounts in one Quicken install native to Mac OS and my business accounts running in a Parallels environment running Microsoft Windows 11 Home. With my personal accounts on Mac OS, all my accounts connect and sync fine and are visible on Mobile and Web versions with correct balances. However, with my business accounts on Windows 11, which are all Fifth Third Bank accounts, they sync with the financial institution and under the Mobile and Web tab it says sync was successful, but underneath accounts enabled it says zero, and below that it says "3 accounts not yet synced." If I click on "3 accounts not yet synced," it takes me to the "Accounts for Mobile and Web" dialogue box, with my Fifth Third accounts listed. I check all of the accounts, fill in the password for my Fifth Third Bank account, and select done. But it returns with Error-CC: 501, unable to connect to your financial institution. I have verified that I can login directly to my Fifth Third Bank account with the password it fills in through the browser (Microsoft Edge). I have a ticket open with Quicken, 9791492, but am stumped. Fifth Third Bank says they place no restrictions on Quicken connections. Again, my accounts sync with Fifth Third fine, but do not sync to the web or mobile. However, on web or mobile, the account titles are listed, but all the balances are zero. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @BrianB6

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing these issues with your Fifth Third accounts and your Quicken Mobile application. 

I have located a Support Article that discusses some troubleshooting steps to take when experiencing issues with your mobile application. You may follow this link to access that FAQ. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding (just in case). 

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• BrianB6
    BrianB6 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @"Quicken Jasmine" said:
    > Hello @BrianB6, 
    >
    > Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing these issues with your Fifth Third accounts and your Quicken Mobile application. 
    >
    > I have located a Support Article that discusses some troubleshooting steps to take when experiencing issues with your mobile application. You may follow this link to access that FAQ. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding (just in case). 
    >
    > Let me know how it goes!

Thanks, Jasmine. Unfortunately this did not help. I think this problem could be related to how the connection is being negotiated. If I knowingly enter the wrong password for my institution in the Accounts for Mobile and Web dialogue box, it will return Error: CC-503, specifically saying that the password was wrong. If I enter the correct password, it returns Error: CC-501, saying the connection could not be established. So it is getting to a certain point in establishing the connection. I know when I login directly to Fifth Third through my browser, it goes through a "register device" process, perhaps this could be at the root of the issue. I have registered the device through the Microsoft Edge browser, however.

I don't plan on transitioning to Quicken for my business until the January 1, so I have some time to get this resolved. I'm OK with a complete uninstall/reinstall of the app if that seems advisable.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @Brian86,

Thank you for providing more information and for attempting those troubleshooting steps. 

At this point, I suggest reaching out to Quicken Support directly for further support as they can utilize functions such as screen share and escalate the situation if needed. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00am PT to 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• BrianB6
    BrianB6 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Issue resolved by support. The connection method Fifth Third requires is Express Web Connect. This allowed the successful sync to the cloud.
This discussion has been closed.