Gregorian Calendar and Bills & Income Scheduling

Options
How does Quicken handle the the days in the month of February?

I have set up a Schedule in Bills & Income to automatically transfer a regular monthly income amount from a creditors account to my current (checking) account.

The thing is, I've agreed with the creditor to pay me on the 30th of each month.

But there are either only 28 or 29 days in Februarys.

As a work-around I've set my Quicken Schedule to pay on the 28th of each month to take care of February.
I would like to use the 30th (that's the sort of fussy guy I am!), but I'm not sure how Quicken would treat this in February.

QuickPeter

Answers

• Mark1104
    Mark1104 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if you set up the entry for the 30th of each month, it will default to the 28th (or 29th) in February,  you can test that by setting up the schedule for the 30th of each month and then look at the Calendar View (CNTL - K) 
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a few bill and income reminders to be paid on the last day of each month.  I have set up those reminders for the 31st of the month and Quicken will always make the adjustments to the 30th, 29th and 28th as appropriate without me needed to do anything.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• QuickPeter
    QuickPeter Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Mark1104 and Boatmaniac, that's great.  Thanks.
    I'm reassured now.
    I'd forgotten about that CNTL - K shortcut.  Very useful.
    I note that Boatmaniac uses Windows 10.
    Presumably this Quicken default function is present in MS Windows 10 and Mac?

QuickPeter
  • QuickPeter
    QuickPeter Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Ha-ha, I've just tried the CTRL K short cut and it's not working for me?

I'm running the latest Quicken Mac Version 6.10.2 

QuickPeter
  • Jon
    Jon SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Pretty sure that's a Quicken Windows shortcut; Mac shortcuts generally use the Command key rather than Control. I don't see a Mac keyboard shortcut to get to the calendar.

Quicken Mac subscription. Quicken user since 1990.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Quicken Mac shows you right in the schedule window when a date will be adjusted due to the number of days in the month. For instance, here's a monthly transaction set for the 30th of each month; notice on the right side that the February date is set to the 28th, with an asterisk and note about it:

The same happens if you set a recurring payment for the 31st of each month; it will automatically adjust for months with 30 days.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • QuickPeter
    QuickPeter Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Jon & Jacobs, thanks for that feedback and information.
    I'm pleased I asked the question now, and hope the answers I got are of use to others too.

Jacobs, yes I can see the asterisk and note.  
    That screen shot you gave us was great - much better than a thousand words!

QuickPeter

This discussion has been closed.