Moved from Win10 to Win11 on new computer - One Step Update not working - says Expired

Gregg
Gregg Member ✭✭
Open file on new computer. click on one step update. get 'membership expired' text box. click on renew and another box shows my membership is valid through next June. I signed in as a different user and the issue remains. thoughts?

Answers

• Hello @Gregg

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Gregg
    Gregg Member ✭✭
    It appears that the issue was due to files being maintained in one drive during the move from one computer to another. I renamed the one drive folder and one step update operated normally.
  • Gregg
    Gregg Member ✭✭
    Interesting. Thank you DocGer. I have had the files on one drive for several years, generally without issue (sometimes slow response due to intenet connection). Not sure how to 'point' quicken to the file on the computer rather than the file in the cloud, unless that it how it was working in the past. I only had the issue with the 'subcription expired' loop when I was imaging a new computer. Was this due to the files having to be 'brought down', locally, from the cloud for the first time? While the issue has been resolved and I like have my files synch passively with OneDrive, always interested in learning best practices. Suggestions?
  • Hello @Gregg

Thank you for coming back to provide more information, I am happy to hear that the issue you were experiencing has been resolved. 

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.