The 44s

Options
mrzookie
mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
Every time I get ready to update, Q bangs out another r44 hot fix. I'm stable on 43.32, including my converted Chase CC account. Any feedback on the later 44s (27, 28)? Are they ready for prime time?
Thanks.

Note: I'm running Q Premier on Win 11 (fully updated)

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm having no problems with R44.28

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @NotACPA - Thanks for the feedback.
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    27 evidently wasn't ready for prime time since there is a 28.  Is it ready for prime time, it all depends on which features you are using.  It works for some and doesn't for others.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I download from multiple FI's every day except Sunday, but I don't use QMobile or QWeb.
    I also don't use the Budget function, since "eyeball engineering" is sufficient for our budget needs  ...  which are predominantly cash-flow matters.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The last three updates have been to address various crashes.  If you were one of the unlucky ones that had the crash, then clearly it wasn't ready for prime time for you.  On the other hand, if you didn't have those crashes all of the releases would be fine for you (which is the case for me).

Defining what is ready for prime time depends a lot on what features you use, what financial institutions you use, and even what is in your data file.  And as such is really hard to answer definitively.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • mrzookie
    mrzookie Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Def agree with those of you who say it depends on what functions you use. I dload from one bank (Citi, where I suffered the 502 problem for a while, as well as changed opening balances for 18-24 months or more), and a few CCs, including Chase. My Chase conversion was flawless. Also dload investments from FI and ML. No bill pays, no Q mobile. I use budgets, no problems so far. 
    I find that by checking the forum, I can get a "feel" for how safe a release is (or isn't), but lately, because the updates have been coming so close together, its hard to draw any conclusions. So I asked.

Thanks to all who've chimed in.
This discussion has been closed.