Discover card download of transactions

Options
D&S S
D&S S Member
I contacted Discover card today to get assistance with downloading my transactions and they told me that Quicken has decided to not make this an option any longer and so we can no longer download files - why?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Discover told you something that is not accurate.  It was Discover that decided to discontinue supporting Direct Connect and Web Connect.  Discover now supports only Express Web Connect.  You need to reauthorize your Discover Card for Express Web Connect so you can download, again. 

You can read more about this in this Support Article:  Direct Connect Discontinuation for Discover (quicken.com).

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11

• willibus
    willibus Member ✭✭
    Options
    I updated my Discover accounts to web express and they still won't download. Now what?
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One thing that has been mentioned in other threads is that the financial institution name matters.  You should be using "Discover Card" not "Discover Bank".  If the financial institution name isn't right, (Check on the Account Details dialog), you can go to the Account Details -> Online Services tab, and deactivate the account from downloading.  After that select Add Account and type in Discover Card, and proceed to the end, but make sure when Quicken shows you the online accounts that you link your account to the existing one in Quicken.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We, users, will NEVER know if Discover or Quicken or Intuit pushed the idea of dropping Direct Connect downloads, the bottom line is that it has happened.
    Discover also dropped providing Web Connect .QFX file downloads, so you either have to transition to Express Web Connect or do a download from their website of an Excel or CSV file.  The Excel and CSV files can be converted to .QIF using ImportQIF (by QuicknPerlWiz and it is free)

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Randall LeBlanc
    Randall LeBlanc Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    [Removed - Rant]
  • cyin2020
    cyin2020 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip about changing from Discover Bank in the account's Financial Institution info to Discover CARD. It solved my recent vexing problem where one Discover Card accounts transactions would download but the other account's would not. Why does Quicken do these things???
This discussion has been closed.