Unable to download transactions after file restore

After restoring a 3-day old version of my Quicken file I am unable to download transactions. The file verifies OK with a Super Validation. Mobile & Web Sync is Off.

One Step Update completes without error and reports there are no new transactions.

The missing transactions were previously downloaded/accepted into a latter version of the file that was replaced with the file restore.

I have tried to reset Online Services and a deactivate/reactivate online services for each account without any change.

I suspect that Quicken retains some history of previously downloaded transactions that is preventing download of transactions downloaded/accepted after the backup used for the restore was taken. I am wondering if this might be stored online, even though I do not replicate any account data with Mobile/Web. Does anyone know if that might be the case and if there is any way to reconcile that with the restore version?

I have seen some mention about deleting Mobile & Web datasets in other posts, but Mobile & Web Sync is not enabled, I don't have that option.

Comments

• Hello @circlespinner,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing these issues after restoring from a backup. 

First, I suggest signing out and back into your data file which will refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services and hopefully assist in resolving the issue. Please follow the steps below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out 
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 

Let me know how it goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Thank you. That corrected the initial issue. However, a residual issue has popped-up. |

I have 2 accounts with "Comentity Direct Banking(Now Bread Savings)" that are experiencing Error CC-800 on updates. tried deactivating online services and reactivating/linking the accounts as instructed on https://www.quicken.com/support/error-message-when-updating-accounts-cc-800. Although the linking to Quicken accounts appears to have been successful, the error on OneStepUpdate continues for the same two accounts.

Any suggestions on how to clear this?
  • circlespinner
    circlespinner Member ✭✭
    edited November 2022
    For anyone else who may run into persisting CC-800 errors on OneStepUpdates, I've managed to resolve the residual issue I described above. I needed to deactivate online services for the affected accounts, and then follow the "sign in as a different user" steps provided by Jasmine above. I then activated online services for the two problem accounts, after which OneStepUpdate ran cleanly.
  • Hello @circlespinner

Thank you for updating us and for providing steps toward a resolution for other users!

I am happy to hear that we were able to resolve this issue!

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.