How do I transfer funds from one account to another? (Q Mac)

Options
Myron
Myron Member ✭✭
How do I transfer funds from one account to another? Very easy to do in Windows. Can't find it on the Mac

Best Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Are you trying to record a transfer of funds in  QMac ... or actually cause the transfer to happen at your bank?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    This old video might help explain how to do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LcoI3I85cY

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you are trying to show the transfer in Quicken to mirror action you have separately initiated at your bank, you can enter a transaction and use either the Transfer field or Category field. If you don't have the Transfer column visible in your register, you would click the Columns icon in the bottom menu bar and select Transfer to make it visible. Then in the transfer field, select the account you're transferring to by either typing a few letters and selecting it from the drop-down list, or click the double-sided arrow on the right side of the field to display the account drop-down list. Alternatively, you can use the Category field by typing a "[" left bracket and selecting the account name. Either way will create a linked transfer transaction which appears in the original account and in the other account. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Are you trying to record a transfer of funds in  QMac ... or actually cause the transfer to happen at your bank?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Myron
    Myron Member ✭✭
    Options
    In Quicken. Just trying to move funds from checking to another account
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    This old video might help explain how to do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LcoI3I85cY

• jacobs
    Answer ✓
    Options
    If you are trying to show the transfer in Quicken to mirror action you have separately initiated at your bank, you can enter a transaction and use either the Transfer field or Category field. If you don't have the Transfer column visible in your register, you would click the Columns icon in the bottom menu bar and select Transfer to make it visible. Then in the transfer field, select the account you're transferring to by either typing a few letters and selecting it from the drop-down list, or click the double-sided arrow on the right side of the field to display the account drop-down list. Alternatively, you can use the Category field by typing a "[" left bracket and selecting the account name. Either way will create a linked transfer transaction which appears in the original account and in the other account. 
  • Myron
    Myron Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you all for the information. I did not have the transfer column clicked. Everything was done in Quicken. Thanks again for your help
  • jacobs
    Options
    @Myron Now that you know about the Transfer column, you may find you don't want to give up that space to widen your register view. So you can hide the Transfer column and do your transfers in the Category column as described above. It will show in the format "Transfer:[account name]".
This discussion has been closed.