Issue with Screen Turning Black and Switching to Update Window

Options
System
System Member admin
This discussion was created from comments split from: Quicken goes into infinite loop after entering password?.

Comments

• EvDob
    EvDob Member ✭✭
    Options
    Upon quote update sometimes I get an infinite loop with the screen alternating between black, the update window in the center of the screen, and the main Quicken window. This didn't resolve after a reboot. I'm running Deluxe R44.28. I should not have any reminders.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @EvDob

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest that you please try validating and/or super validating your data file. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate
    1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:
    1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• EvDob
    EvDob Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, Jasmine! So far the Validate seems to have done the trick.
  • EvDob
    EvDob Member ✭✭
    Options
    I spoke too soon. I have seen the issue a couple of times since doing a super validate.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @EvDob,

Thanks for reaching back out. 

Next, I suggest attempting to sign out and back into your data file. Please follow the steps below in order to do so.
    1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out 
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

• EvDob
    EvDob Member ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks, Jasmine. I've signed out & in and will see if that helps over the next few weeks.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @EvDob

Great! Please come back to update us!

Also, don't hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

• EvDob
    EvDob Member ✭✭
    Options
    Unfortunately I've run into the issue again, Jasmine.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @EvDob

Thanks for coming back to update me, though I do apologize that you are still experiencing this issue. 

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Quicken? Please refer to the following support articles for instructions on uninstalling here and reinstalling here.

Please let me know how this goes!

-Quicken Jasmine

• EvDob
    EvDob Member ✭✭
    Options
    OK, Jasmine, I've un/reinstalled and will let you know.
  • EvDob
    EvDob Member ✭✭
    Options
    Jasmine, I saw the issue again, but this time it happened after I clicked on the Backup button (instead of doing a one step update).
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @EvDob

Thank you for reaching back out, though I do apologize that you are still experiencing this issue. 

Due to the previous troubleshooting steps having failed, we recommend that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation if needed. 

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance.  

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.