pay bills with a credit card?

Options
DM1977
DM1977 Member
When will Quicken allow me to pay bills with a credit card? I bought the program for that very reason?

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Probably never.  If you are within the first 30 days, ask for a refund.  Quicken Return Policy

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @DM1977

Not sure what you may have see or read that caused you think that you could pay bills through Quicken using your credit card, but you cannot do that. 

You can pay bills from a bank account (if you are using a Direct Connect type of "connection") with your bank. You can pay bills using your credit card - e.g. by going to the website of the biller and entering your credit card payment there, - and THEN record that transaction in Quicken (either manually or by downloading data from the credit card provider). And you can pay bills in Quicken by using Quicken Bill Manager via either "Check pay" or "Bill Pay".  But you cannot "pay bills with a credit card" through the Quicken application.

Let me know of you have any followup questions.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• DM1977
    DM1977 Member
    Options
    Looking through various threads, it's been said that the feature to allow paying with a credit card through Quicken is not 'yet' available but was being looked at... I pay my cc bill the end of each month and want to pay my other bills with the card through Quicken so I can earn their points/miles... will this never be allowed? I cannot see why when most cc companies allow it.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi again @DM1977,

I understand what you want to do - a lot of folks these days like to pay as many of their regular monthly bills using their credit card(s) to get the points - I get it.  The problem is that Quicken doesn't currently support that function as part of the program.  Right now, the "use of your credit card" to make payments "through the Quicken program" just is not supported.  The issue is the limitation of the Quicken software application.  And as I said above - the workaround is just to make your payments at the vendor's website using your credit card and then use a combination of downloading from the credit card account and/or manual entries to track those transactions in Quicken.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Personally, what I do is setup automatic payments at my biller's website and most of them allow for paying with my credit card that gives me cash back.  I have been doing that for more 30 years.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris_QPW said:
    Personally, what I do is setup automatic payments at my biller's website and most of them allow for paying with my credit card that gives me cash back.  I have been doing that for more 30 years.
    This, plus setting auto Reminders to match the payments accomplishes what the OP is looking for. A simple process with total onus on the vendors and CC companies.
This discussion has been closed.