Transfer with the bank but still in Quicken

Options
kenw100
kenw100 Member ✭✭
How do I make a transfer in Quicken and the bank at the same time? I used to do this for years, but don't know what I did to make it stop working.

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I assume you are talking about Bank of America or Chase.

You can't.  That is a function of Direct Connect, so when your financial institution dropped Direct Connect in favor of Express Web Connect + which only supports downloading transactions and the online balance.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • kenw100
    kenw100 Member ✭✭
    Options
    Do I make a transfer in Quicken and the bank at the same time?
  • kenw100
    kenw100 Member ✭✭
    Options
    > @kenw100 said:
    > ""How do I to it?"
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kenw100 said:
    Do I make a transfer in Quicken and the bank at the same time?
    As I said, you can't.

You will need to manually enter the transfer transaction into Quicken and go the financial institution's website/mobile App and do the actually transfer there.
    Signature:
  • kenw100
    kenw100 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I actually use PNC Bank, but maybe they have made the same change. I've been using this feature for years. Do you have any reason why the banks you mentioned made this change.? In any respect, I'll call PNC.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kenw100 said:
    I actually use PNC Bank, but maybe they have made the same change. I've been using this feature for years. Do you have any reason why the banks you mentioned made this change.? In any respect, I'll call PNC.
    Thanks for clarifying the financial institution.  That is different.  As far as I know nothing has changed for PNC and you should be able to enter a transfer in Quicken as an ETF and send that information to PNC with a One Step Update.
    Signature:
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    @kenw100 - You never replied to @Chris_QPW confirming which bank you are wanting to do the transfer with.  His response is correct if your bank is Bank of America or Chase. 
    But if yours is a different bank then you should still be able to do the transfer in Quicken provided your bank still supports Direct Connect and Bank Bill Pay.  Who is your bank?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Boatnmaniac he stated his financial institution is PNC Bank in his last comment.
    Signature:
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi @kenw100

Can you tell me the connection type that you have with PNC - open the account register > click on the little "Gear" icon in the upper right and select "Edit account details" > next click on the "Online Services" tab > tell me what you see in the top box - the Online Setup box - after "Connection Method".

get back to me and we'll go from there.

Frankx

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Chris_QPW said:
    @Boatnmaniac he stated his financial institution is PNC Bank in his last comment.
    Maybe my post and the 2 immediately preceding posts crossed paths?  I could have sworn that they were not there when I posted.
    kenw100 said:
    I am assuming you still have Direct Connect set up for your PNC accounts (via PNC Bank - Direct Connect) and that Bank Bill Pay is still set up (Account Details > Online Services tab).
    In Sep and Oct I noticed an oddity in Quicken when setting up a transaction to transfer funds between PNC accounts: 
    • The online transfers could only be set up in Online Center. 
    • Trying to set them up in the Account Register (Oxfr or Transfer Money) would only allow for manual transfer transactions to be entered with no option set them up as online transfers.
    I did not observe this issue with any other banks which told me this was being caused by something PNC was doing, and not by Quicken.
    Starting this month, the online transfer function from within the Checking Account Register with the Transfer Money tool where the money is being transferred from the Checking Account to my Savings Account has been restored.  But setting up online transfers where the money is being transferred from my Savings Account to my Checking Account still does not work.
    At this time it appears that if you are trying to move money from a Savings Account to another internal account you will need to set that up in your online account at PNC.com.
    If you are trying to move money from your Checking Account to another internal account, you might want to try doing the following:
    1. Go to Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Transfer Money.  Set up the transfer and when prompted select Transfer Online, not Record Only.  (NOTE:  PNC allows scheduling transfers only for the current date, not for future dates.  If you want to schedule a transfer for a future date you will need to do that from within your online PNC.com account.)
    2. If #1 does not work:  Go to Tools > Online Center > select Checking Account and set up the transfer there.
    3. Run OSU or Update Now to send the transfer command to PNC.
    Did this help?  Any questions?
    Also, if you did contact PNC, what did they say?

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.15 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.