Green "Rent Due" minder only shows for one tenant

Options
Quicken for windows subscription.
Rental Property Manager.
Not showing green "Rent Due" re-minder.
I have four tenants. I have entered everything the same but only one tenant show "Rent due" green button.
1. What am I doing wrong?
2. How can I get the other tenants accounts to show the green "Rent due" button to show?
3. Please help.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When is rent due next for these tenants?
    In this example, Donald and Daisy are past due for October. Daffy has paid for October, but still needs to pay for November.
  • clbuck_63
    Options
    So, in your example, the green "rent due" only shows up for Daffy Duck, the green "rent due" never showed up for Donald Duck or Daisy Duck.

I am not able to figure out why not.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    clbuck_63 said:
    So, in your example, the green "rent due" only shows up for Daffy Duck, the green "rent due" never showed up for Donald Duck or Daisy Duck.

I am not able to figure out why not.
    The green "rent due" icon can't show up because Donald and Daisy still owe past due rent for October and the "rent overdue" icon takes precedence and appears in the same place.
    If Donald and Daisy's rent payment transaction comes in, then it is applied to October and the "rent due" icon for November will show.

• clbuck_63
    Options
    Hey, I appreciate your help, but, but..., no buttons show up for the other three tenants. No "rent due" button, no "rent overdue" notta. Idk.

I have checked several times that all tenants are set up the same, rent due, start date, term, etc..., I've tried and entered the tenant set up this way and that way.

Still, only one of four tenants "rent due" seem to work properly.

Here's a question, what entry on what screen triggers the "rent due" and "rent overdue icons to show up?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The other three tenants, have they paid already for November? When is rent due for all four of them?

Can you please capture one or more images of the parts of your Quicken Rent Center window showing the issue, sensitive information blacked out as necessary to protect your privacy but annotated to describe the situation, and attach the image(s) here?
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7867159/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-windows

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7663259/faq-how-do-i-post-a-screenshot-in-the-community-from-a-mac

Please save images to files of file type PNG, JPG, or GIF only. They're easier to work with than PDF files.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    clbuck_63 said:
    Still, only one of four tenants "rent due" seem to work properly.
    Here's a question, what entry on what screen triggers the "rent due" and "rent overdue icons to show up?
    As far as I can determine, the icons are set based on today's date vs. the prior payments recorded.
    Set the filter on top the Rent Center view from "Recent Months" to "Year to Date" or "Current Year" and you'll see a spreadsheet-like report of payments received for each month.
    Take my example above and assume Daisy has paid up rent for past due October and current due for November. Next rent due in December will not trigger the "rent due" icon.
  • clbuck_63
    Options
    That is interesting, thank you. Not solved yet but, a couple more head scratching questions?
    When looking at the "Enter Rental Property Tenant" there was a "rent minder" under the tenants' information. I clicked a button, (forgot which one) and now the option for rent minder is gone. (I tried to enclose a screenshot).

It's puzzling, I'm sure it's got to do with "Rent Minder" when one sets up a tenant.

I've been running this file since 2018 and do not want to corrupt it. I'll keep backup current, and I'll keep trying this and that with setup and tenant setup. It's not a showstopper just a glitch or OE, prob an OE.
    Thank you UKR, I'll keep trying. Maybe one day, if you can find the "trigger for the icon" please let me know.
    V/r
    Clbuck_63
This discussion has been closed.