Stacked Bar Chart

Options
Chad Burkins
Chad Burkins Member
edited December 2022 in Reports (Windows)
I'm trying to create a stacked bar chart. Each bar would be one month of spending. Within that single bar would be a stack of separate colors, with each color representing a different category of spending. Is that possible ?
Tagged:

Answers

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Windows doesn't do stacked charts.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken's graphing options capabilities leave a lot to be desired.  I am not aware of any way to do what you want from within Quicken.  I think the best option for doing that would be to generate the Spending report you want then export it into Excel.  Excel has some very good graphing capabilities and I think you will find that you can generate this type of graph in there.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Chad Burkins
    Options
    OK, sort of gratifying to know I wasn't missing something.

I'll work on finding a report that breaks down the data by both month (column) and category (row)
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OK, sort of gratifying to know I wasn't missing something.

I'll work on finding a report that breaks down the data by both month (column) and category (row)
    I think the Spending By Category report will give you what you are looking for.  After you pull up the report select "Month" from the Column drop-down.  You can also change the Date Range by selecting the drop-down option you want.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.