Best Way To See Which Accounts Hold Specific Stock

Options
Geobrick
Geobrick Member ✭✭✭
edited December 2022 in Reports (Windows)
What's the best way to quickly see which accounts hold a specific stock without having to look at the holdings of each account.

An example would be, if I'm looking to sell XOM and want to know where my shares are being held at a glance, what's a good way to do that?

The best way I've been able to find is create a portfolio value report and customize it by removing all stocks except the specific one I'm looking for then sort it by account. It's not very quick and I can't seem to prevent it from listing accounts without shares of XOM that display some meaningless cash value, but it gets the job done because I can see which accounts hold XOM.

Is there a better way that I'm missing?   

Comments

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You can run a Security Report and subtotal by Account.
    Security Report is kind of hidden. You can get to it by right-clicking a security in the Security List or by clicking the Security Report button in a Security Detail View.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Geobrick
    Geobrick Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    You can run a Security Report and subtotal by Account.
    Security Report is kind of hidden. You can get to it by right-clicking a security in the Security List or by clicking the Security Report button in a Security Detail View.
    Thanks. That is hidden.
    But it seems to just show transactions in a set period vs listing what's currently being held in each account (unless I'm doing it wrong). 
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Geobrick said:
    What's the best way to quickly see which accounts hold a specific stock without having to look at the holdings of each account.
    I would use the portfolio view on the Investment tab for that, with a view grouped by account.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, looking more closely, I'm surprised it doesn't at least give you the total number of shares in each account. That's what I expect "subtotal by" to do.
    You can submit an "Idea" to the forum specifying what you'd like to see and how you'd like to get there.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Biz & Personal Subscription (US) on Win10 Pro.

• Geobrick
    Geobrick Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris_QPW said:
    Geobrick said:
    I would use the portfolio view on the Investment tab for that, with a view grouped by account.
    Thanks. That seems to be the best option available.  
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Geobrick said:  Thanks. That seems to be the best option available.  
    whatever way you use to review your holdings - ...
    Do you have any Quicken Accounts that are "Separate or Hidden" as these will of course not be included in the display.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Geobrick said:  An example would be, if I'm looking to sell XOM and want to know where my shares are being held at a glance, what's a good way to do that?
    Also, a quick brute force way - just to see what accts are holding the security - not how many shares per each acct -
    Bring up the Security Detail View and browse thru the Transaction History at the top.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

This discussion has been closed.