File will not open after updating to 6.10.3 (Mac)

Options
MET_II
MET_II Member ✭✭
Anybody else have this issue?  Everything was fine, updated to 6.10.3 and I got the "Let's get Started" screen instead of going straight into my file as it always does after the update.  I opened my Quicken file, enter my password, and still just goes back to the "Let's get Started" screen.  It was a direct update from the version before 6.10.3 which I've done multiple times... I have tried launching the file itself, opening within the System menu, all with same result... file won't open, no error, just goes back to let's get started screen.  Machine is not spinning, no lockup in application, etc.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options
    Hello @MET_II,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

Have you also tried navigating to File > Open Recent and seeing if your data file will open from there?

Check back and let us know! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• MET_II
    MET_II Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Anja,

Yes.  I did that as part of the initial troubleshooting.  No matter how the file is opened/accessed, it doesn't open just goes back to the "Let's get Started" dialog.
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Thank you for following up and confirming.

In that case, do you have a recent pre-update backup you can restore? I suggest restoring a backup file to see if the same issue occurs in the restored file. If needed, please review this support article. Scroll down and open the blue dropdown section(s) titled Restore Quicken data and/or Restore an automatic backup for instructions on how to restore a backup.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja

• MET_II
    MET_II Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Anja,

That did fix the issue, thanks.  Not sure what happened, but just loaded a backup and let it update.
  • Quicken Anja
    Options
    Thanks for the update! Glad to hear that worked for you. :)

-Quicken Anja

• obscure professor
    Options
    I'm having a similar problem, but when I try to open Quicken it simply crashes. I've rebooted, erased and reloaded teh app, etc to no avail. I get a report "Quicken quit unexpectedly" and the termination reason is: Namespace CODESIGNING, Code 0x1
    I've tried chatting with Quicken and they told me to get help from Apple. After an hour with Apple, they said to take it to a Best Buy help desk. I was having similar trouble with Chrome opening after the same update that spoiled my Quicken, but I fixed with a solution on the web for another app using the bash terminal; however, that solution wouldn't work for the Quicken app.
This discussion has been closed.