Bank of America Only Downloading Less than 80 days of Transactions

Options
Murrin
Murrin Member
I only do One Step downloads every 6 months. It appears that there is a time limit on how far back One Step looks for transactions to download on Bank of America accounts. The oldest transaction is dated 8/12/2022. I have another bank account with a different institution that just downloaded transactions from 9 months ago. Is this normal? Do different banks have different time limits on transactions that can be downloaded?

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Each financial institution sets its own limits to historical transactions, anything over 90 days is unusual.  I would suggest doing downloads 4 times a year versus your current 2 times.  If you do it more often (like monthly), it is much less a burdensome task.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Murrin said: I only do One Step downloads every 6 months.
    The downloading window is set by EACH financial institution, and NOT Quicken....
    Quicken just downloads what is made avail in the download pipeline.
    Wonder why every 6 months - you must not be using Quicken for any banking, credit card, or other spending activities.

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ps56k2 said:

Wonder why every 6 months - you must not be using Quicken for any banking, credit card, or other spending activities.

I wonder, but after seeing years of people posting in April wondering why they can't download for all of last year "so they can do their taxes", I sort of gave up on trying to figure it out (these weren't even new users).
    How anyone can download that much information at one time and ensure that it is correctly categorized is beyond me.  Quicken doesn't possess that kind of smarts.  Not to mention that it is much easier to just enter/download the information into the tax program since even Quicken exporting of tax information is another source possible problems.
    Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.