Missing Transactions During Download - Yet Another User

Options
Periodically, some transactions from various accounts, both banking and credit card, do not download. I've just spent close to an hour on chat with Quicken Support and their final solution was to post here. Everything that Support suggested, I had already tried, but tried again with no better results. A search of this Community shows that this is a not uncommon issue.

I've been using Quicken since 1994 and it just keeps getting less usable. Several years ago you could right click an bill in your calendar and then pay it right from there. Now you have to use a separate tab, which is no better than just using the bank's system. 

[Removed - Rant]

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jwr2022 said:
    Periodically, some transactions from various accounts, both banking and credit card, do not download. I've just spent close to an hour on chat with Quicken Support and their final solution was to post here. Everything that Support suggested, I had already tried, but tried again with no better results. A search of this Community shows that this is a not uncommon issue.

I've been using Quicken since 1994 and it just keeps getting less usable. Several years ago you could right click an bill in your calendar and then pay it right from there. Now you have to use a separate tab, which is no better than just using the bank's system. 

[Removed - Rant]
    Hello @jwr2022,      

I am sorry to hear about these issues with online banking services. Thank you for looking to the Quicken Community for more information about this problem.

First, can you tell us which financial institutions seem to be affected by this issue?  Also, what troubleshooting steps have you taken thus far? For now, take a look at  the Support Article linked here, specifically the section entitled If this is the first time this has happened. Do any of those situations seem to apply, and do any of the corresponding steps seem to resolve the issue? If not, take a look at the section entitled If this issue occurs frequently.

I am eager to hear your response.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jwr2022
    jwr2022 Member
    Options
    This issue occurs on each of the accounts I have in Quicken. I have multiple accounts with Bank of America and a credit card account with CITI. From other users with this same issue, is appears that other institutions also are affected by this problem.

I have performed the following in an attempt to resolve this issue:

1. Tried downloading a second or third time.
    2. Tried clicking on the gear in the upper right hand corner and clicked on “update now”
    3. From Online Services, tried “reset account”
    4. From Online Services, tried “Deactivate” and then “Activate Account”
    5. I have tried duplicating the account to see if that would resolve the issue, with no results.
    6. Validated the file, with no negative results, but still items would not download.
    7. Quicken support has been contacted several times, with yesterday being the latest attempt. They walked me through each of the items above, even though I had already tried all of them.
    8. Tried waiting a few days and then downloading again, with no positive result.
    9. I have read and followed the instructions from “Read this if this is the first time you’ve experienced this problem”.
    10. I have read and followed the instructions from “Read this if you have had this issue multiple times”.
    11. I have Googled for information on this issue
    12. I have searched the Quicken Community Forum for information regarding this issue.
    13. Finally, I have posted on the Quicken Community Forum and been advised to read the support articles that I’ve already read and followed. When none of the support articles’ recommendations resolved the issue, the last item was always to contact Quicken Support. As you can see from Item 7 above, I have done that several times. Yesterday, Quicken Support recommended that I post on the Community Forum, which I have now done.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @jwr2022,

Thank you for providing more information. 

I have sent you a direct message, please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

Thank you!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jwr2022
    jwr2022 Member
    Options
    I believe I have found a resolution to this issue. As it turns out, CITI lists all new transactions as "Pending", where they can remain for several days. Although I can see them on the CITI website, they do not download until CITI clears them and marks them as "Posted". Transactions are not necessarily moved to "Posted" in chronological order, so when downloading to Quicken it appears that some transactions failed to download. Again, one must wait for a CITI transaction to be moved from "Pending" to "Posted" before it will download, regardless of the date on which it originally appears on the CITI website.

I will continue to monitor this to confirm that this is correct. If there are any further issues with this, I will let you know.

Thank you.
  • Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @jwr2022,

Thanks for reaching back out to provide us with an update. 

I am happy to hear that you were able to reach a resolution!

Please don't hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.