No notification of a new bill

Options
I have stopped seeing the notifications that a bill is due in the "Bills and Income" tab. A new statement is downloaded, but the account stays at "Awaiting next bill". If I go to "Bills" and then "Manage Bill and Income reminders" The screen shows the account as DUE (in 2 days). The "Show in list" is set to 14 days for this account. I have been relying on the tab to keep my bills up to date. Do I need to find a new method? The account is set up for Quick Pay.
Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Hello @hw1627,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community to tell us about your issue, though I apologize that you are experiencing this.

To start with, I suggest you try to Review and Repair Online billers first. However, I do recommend that you save a backup of your data file first (just in case). After that, please navigate to the Bills & Income tab and click on the gear icon on the top-right. Then, click on Review and Repair > Review and Repair Online Billers in the dropdown menu.

[Removed]

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• hw1627
    hw1627 Member ✭✭
    Options
    I attempted Review and Repair the last two months and waited to see if the notifications started to work again. The issue is that this is for all of my on-line billers. The new statements are received but there is no notification. Also, if you sent the biller up for Quick Pay, the reminders disappear. All of the on-line billers are set to "Awaiting next Bill". There are no Online billers I am attempting to delete.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If your bank recently required you to reauthorize your checking account and/or your bank has changed from "Direct Connect" to either "Express Web Connect" or "Express Web Connect+" you can no longer use Online Bill Pay direct to the bank or Quicken Bill Manager's Quick Pay function. The bank no longer supports this function through Quicken.

You have these alternatives:

1. Use Quicken Bill Manager's Check Pay making sure to submit payment early enough (about 10 - 14 days before due date) to allow time for delivery and processing.
    2. Logon to the bank's website and schedule your bill pay payments from the bank. In parallel to that, in Quicken use a regular Scheduled Reminder to record your payment. Repeat every time another payment is due.
    3. Logon to the biller's website once and set up their Autopay, APS, Direct debit, etc. to make the current payment and all future payments on Due Date directly from your checking account. In parallel to that, in Quicken use a regular Scheduled Reminder to record your payments before they come due.
    4. Write (or print with Quicken) a paper check and mail it to the biller, making sure to mail payment early enough (about 10 days before due date) to allow time for delivery and processing.

I've been using a variation of method #3 for decades, since before the Internet and dial-up were even invented. It's easy to get used to this process. And I have yet to miss a single payment.

• hw1627
    hw1627 Member ✭✭
    Options
    No issues with bank or sending payment.
    I can still use quick pay when I receive the paper statement.
    Vendor is receiving the payments within 2 business days.
    Issue is that there are no notifications that a new statement was received. There is no notification that the payment is about to go past due.
    Need to rely on paper calendar, or I can start adding reminders to my google calendar.
This discussion has been closed.