Path2College Almost Works

Options
ChipChockley
ChipChockley Member
I've never been able to get Quicken to read my GA Path2College 529 accounts. I've set up the aggregator account and use those credentials. After recent updates, it looks like this almost works-- when adding, it reads the names of my accounts and even initially shows the balances. Once I complete the add, though, it shows $0 as the balance. Anyone have this working?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options
    Hello @ChipChockley,

Thanks for reaching out to the Quicken Community, though I do apologize that you are experiencing this issue. 

First, I suggest creating a test file and adding the GA Path2College account(s) to see if it produces the same issue with the balance. It is recommended to save a backup before proceeding with troubleshooting steps in the event that you would like to return to your original starting position. Below are instructions on how to create a test file:
    1. Choose File menu > New Quicken File.

Advanced Data File Troubleshooting to Correct Problems With Quicken for Windows

1. Select New Quicken File.

1. Click OK.
    2. In the File name field, enter the name of the new file, then click Save. Use a name like "Test File" to tell it apart from your main file. 

Don't use any of these characters: * ? < > | " : \ / (asterisk, question mark, left and right-angle bracket, pipe, straight quotation marks, colon, BACKSLASH, FORWARD SLASH). Also, don't add the .qdf extension; Quicken does that for you.

1. Sign in with your Quicken ID. If you are prompted to create a Quicken ID but already have one, click Sign In under the Create Account prompt. 

1. Select to not use Mobile.
    2. Click Add Account to start adding accounts to the new file.

After adding accounts, see if you are experiencing the same problems in this test file. 

Please let me know how this goes, I look forward to hearing your response. 

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• ChipChockley
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I tried creating a new Quicken file from scratch, added the Path2College account again (through aggregator username and password), and the accounts still show a zero balance.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I tried creating a new Quicken file from scratch, added the Path2College account again (through aggregator username and password), and the accounts still show a zero balance.
    Hello @ChipChockley,   

I am sorry that this issue is continuing. Thank you for letting us know about your results from the previous test.

What connection method are you currently making use of in order to add or link your accounts to online banking services? Please note that you can verify this anytime by going to Tools > Account List and then clicking on the Edit button in the row associated with the affected accounts. Next, go to the Online Services tab in the new window that appears afterward. The information we are looking for should be found under the Online Setup callout box.

I look forward to your answer. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • ChipChockley
    Options
    It looks like adding a Path2College account uses the Quicken Connect type by default. The other accounts I have connected, which all work fine, use Direct Connect or Web Connect.

By the way, the Quicken version I'm using is Mac Quicken Deluxe, version 6.10.3.
  • Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    It looks like adding a Path2College account uses the Quicken Connect type by default. The other accounts I have connected, which all work fine, use Direct Connect or Web Connect.

By the way, the Quicken version I'm using is Mac Quicken Deluxe, version 6.10.3.
    Hello @ChipChockley,    

I do apologize that this problem is continuing, and I appreciate that you took the chance to provide answers to my earlier question.

First, this Discussion was posted in a Quicken for Windows area of the Community, so we have moved it to the correct Quicken for Mac section. 

If the Connection Type in use for online banking is Quicken Connect, and the issue is persisting over data files, it will likely be best to reach out to Quicken Support so that they can document and troubleshoot this issue in greater detail with the resources available to them. You can do so through the link provided here.

I wish I could provide a resolution from the Community, but this is the best path forward, given the circumstances.

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
This discussion has been closed.