accounts no longer downloading with one step update

I've deactivated and re added all the banking and credit accounts but still not updating. Could a windows update cause the problem? Suggestions please.

Answers

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ibpositive2

What caused you to deactivate and reactivate the accounts - did you get an error code, did all of your accounts simply stop downloading or was it something else?

Can you give us some additional details of what you are seeing and/or what happens when you initiate the one step update?

If you haven't already, please try downloading some accounts individually - from the account register instead of one step update - and let me know what happens.

Frankx 

Quicken Home, Business & Rental Property - Windows 10-Home Version

- - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• ibpositive2
    ibpositive2 Member ✭✭
    Frankx
    Thanks the reply. With regards to the downloads, there are no error codes that pop up, when I start the one step update it shows that all the accounts are downloading, however the banking and investment accounts update but not any of the credit cards with bank accounts attached to them(no recent charges appear). During the 2 hours on the phone Quicken yesterday, there only solution was to deactivate those cards and then set them up again as new accounts with a link to my current accounts.
    I thought it might be an issue with windows or my virus service blocking them, but I can log into the credit card accounts directly with no problem.
    I did not have any issue with updates prior to the new authentication process.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @ibpositive2,

Before you deactivate and reactivate the cards - have you tries to "reset" them? 

To do that:

1) Open up the account register in Quicken;
    2) Click on the little "Gear" icon in the upper right;
    3) Click on "Edit account details" > then click on the "Online Services" tab:
    4) Click on the "Reset Account" button.

This should reset the account, which should include the downloading of recent transactions.

Let me know how that goes, or get back to me with additonal questions.

Frankx

-  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -

• ibpositive2
    ibpositive2 Member ✭✭
    Frankx, The resetting of the accounts still didn't allow the downloading of current activity on the accounts.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @ibpositive2,

Okay, well that seems to indicate a larger issue.  If you go forward with the recommendation to deactivate/reactivate, make sure you have a good backup first.  Of course - your original post indicated that you already tried that step - so not sure that repeating it will help.

BTW - which financial institution, or institutions are involved?

Let us know how that goes.

Frankx

• ibpositive2
    ibpositive2 Member ✭✭
    Capital One . Chase, Citi Bank, Target, Kohls
  • ibpositive2
    ibpositive2 Member ✭✭
    With regards to one step updates, I can set up and reset accounts in quicken and links are created to accounts. However if I go directly to the accounts and try to download current activity to linked accounts, the download wants to setup a new account in Quicken without linking to the already linked account. It appears that there is a miscommunication between the account and Quicken as to the file the information should be downloaded into.
  • K109
    K109 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    I'm having a similar issue with one step update not updating any of my accounts except Discover.  I am able to reset individual accounts, but afterwards one step update still not updating accounts.  I have validated my file and it shows no errors.  Am able to login to all of the providers websites without issues. 
  • I too am having issues lately. For the last month, the only way I can download transactions from my bank, I have to reset the account, then get my phone out to get the stupid code to enter before it resets.
    I only have a checking and a saving account, both at the same bank. I have to reset each account, and do the phone code nonsense every single time I try to download transactions. Updated to R45.13 today to no effect.
  • evenluck
    evenluck Unconfirmed
    I am in the same boat. The system keeps telling me initially that Quicken is unable to establish an internet connection-(OL-297-A) wrong. and then when i download the transactions, it tells me Quicken is currently unable to verify the financial institution information for this downland, please try again later on any an all accounts.  This is very frustrating as I have had nothing but problems for months for one reason or another.
  • ibpositive2
    ibpositive2 Member ✭✭
    Recently I was able to get all my credit card and bank accounts to download accurately during my one step update. I restored quicken to a backup file from about 5 months ago when everything worked. Then restored to a current file date and somehow everything worked as it did months earlier. This was my last chance effort to get Quicken to work before ultimately dropping the service.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ibpositive2

So you restored an old backup file...  Did you do anything else to the backup file (in connection with finding out that "everything worked") e.g., did you download data, update quotes, anything else?

Then you restored your most recent datafile and it now works - correct?  That is remarkable.  Any theories on why that fixed your issues?

Frankx 

• ibpositive2
    ibpositive2 Member ✭✭
    After restoring to a backup file I did an update and the files did download but were not in balance so I did the restore to a current date and the files downloaded and were balance. My only thought is that there is an issue with the updates to the programs that Quicken supplies. After I completed the file update that Quicken just requested to be downloaded to correct issues last week, my file updates went from 1 minute to about 6-10 minutes. That's absurd.
    I have quicken for one reason and that's to download my financials daily so I can get an accurate snapshot of my financial situation in five minutes. Right now I'm struggling to get that and the other "features" that they're trying to add to Quicken to add value are useless to me.
  • Greg J
    Greg J Member
    I am having an issue like the ones above. Resetting the accounts does not solve the problem. The current balance for all accounts does not get downloaded. Transactions get downloaded sporadically for all bank and credit cards. Because the balance does not get updated, the accounts cannot be reconciled. The only way to get the accounts fully updated is to manually download each account.

I have used Quicken for the last 24 years and am very upset that it is broken. This behavior started with the EWC+ changeover as intermittent failures and has progressed to all of the mentioned accounts.
  • jmarkb
    jmarkb Member
    I am having the same issues. I've reset, done all of the above, etc., and still having problems. American Express and the Discover work most of the time, but Citizens Bank, Citibank (Costco, AAdvantage), Barclays, and Comenity do not. Oddly, the Sears MasterCard, which is managed by Citibank, works fine.Frankly I'm relieved that I'm not the only one with this issue. I should have checked the Community months ago!
  • Balder
    Balder Member
    Ditto, Ditto, Ditto. All the above. I cannot reconcile me two accounts in Quicken.
  • Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams further investigate the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience! Thank you.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.