"Body is 4 characters too short"

Options
Stephen Fisher
Stephen Fisher Member ✭✭✭
I just posted a longish answer to an earlier post and got the above error message. No matter what tweaking I do, including renewing the page,  I cannot get my message to post. Always same problem. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options
    Hi @Stephen Fisher,

I am sorry about that and thanks for bringing this to our attention. Can you let me know what browser you are using, what post you are trying to respond to and have you seen this error with any other post? 

-Quicken Janean

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Stephen Fisher
    Stephen Fisher Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I have never seen this error before. I am on a Mac desktop using Safari. I am trying to send a post to Jacobs near the bottom of a Community help thread entitled "Clicking "All Categories" produces no categories."    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20313134#Comment_20313134
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've seen "body too short" when my comment contained only an included image or a smiley without any additional text.
    Can you capture a snapshot image of the comment box which you are trying to post? This might show us where the problem lies.
  • Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options
    Thanks for those details @Stephen Fisher. Yes, can you provide a screen shot of the text box? 

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Samuel said:
    I just started getting this same error message.  Attaching a screenshot.  Have not figured out a way around this issue so far.
    According to the picture, you have added a block of "Quote" text, but no text of your own.

• ChicagoGuy
    ChicagoGuy Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    I also just started getting this message. Tried on both Chrome and Firefox. In fact, surprised to see the text I had entered and Save Draft in Chrome, showed up in FF. I also don't see anyway to discard the message now that it's started. 

• ChicagoGuy
    ChicagoGuy Member ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for those details @Stephen Fisher. Yes, can you provide a screen shot of the text box? 
    Follow up to my post above. When i hit refresh in FF it switched to bbcode. bbcode format finally allowed me to delete the message text. Is that the only way? Suggest there should be a discard button. Also, when I resubmitted in FF (this time without a quoted message in the body) it posted just fine
This discussion has been closed.