"Only the latest version of Quicken can use Quicken Cloud and Connected Services" [edit]

Options
Joyhog
Joyhog Member
Consider me ignorant, but choices are "Take File offline", "Reset Quicken Cloud", "Decide Later". ????

I am utterly confused. I am an artist, trying to learn quicken. Thought I was doing fair until this popped up doing accounts refresh this morning?

Comments

• Quicken Jared
    Quicken Jared Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joyhog said:
    Consider me ignorant, but choices are "Take File offline", "Reset Quicken Cloud", "Decide Later". ????

I am utterly confused. I am an artist, trying to learn quicken. Thought I was doing fair until this popped up doing accounts refresh this morning?
    Hello @Joyhog,     

I am sorry to hear about this strange error message when trying to update your accounts. Thank you for inquiring about this here on the Quicken Community.

Do you know where your current active data file is located? You can check this anytime by navigating to File > Show "(Data File name will be displayed here)" in Finder... in the upper menu at the top of the screen. Make sure that this data file is located on your computer, and not on an external drive or cloud-based storage service, since these locations can result in erratic program behavior or even data damage.

Also, is there any way you could provide screenshots of what you're seeing - with personal information redacted as necessary? You can follow the steps explained in this FAQ in order to do this. Also note that you may drag and drop your images into your comment in order to submit images, as well. 

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you,

Quicken Jared 
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options
    Just to add one point: if you aren't using the Quicken mobile app or web interface, you might prefer to turn off syncing with Quicken's cloud services (in Preferences > Mobile Web & Alerts), and then Reset your cloud file (in Preferences > Connected Services) as mentioned above. This can avoid various maladies which come up in the syncing between your desktop file and the cloud file Quicken maintains if you have Sync turned on.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Joyhog
    Joyhog Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Quicken Jared: Thank you for your response. I do have a screen shot of the message "Only the latest version of a file can use Quicken Cloud. This is an older copy of a file that is using Quicken Cloud. You can't use..."
    The second image is a screen shot of the file, shown in Finder (as you indicated I should find) - which indicates it is an "application" versus a 'file'.

Jacobs suggested "turning off syncing with Quicken's cloud services (in Preferences > Mobile Web & Alerts), and then Reset your cloud file (in Preferences > Connected Services) as mentioned above. I'll try to figure this out, but not sure I understand the instructions.

Thank you both for your help. I am a kinesthetic learner, and a painter-so reading instructions and understanding them is not a strong suit, but I am determined to organize and categorize my finances - the Quicken phone services make too many assumptions about my knowledge of Quicken.

Thank you again for your help. 'joyhog'

• Joyhog
    Joyhog Member
    Options
    Hello, as suggested, I suggested "turned off syncing with Quicken's cloud services (in Preferences > Mobile Web & Alerts). It appeared to do an update as a result. I also searched back-up for one titled Quicken-2, and found one. It is on my Macbook air. Not sure why the application on my Macbook is also called Quicken-2.

Have not taken the second step recommended by Jacob.
  • Joyhog
    Joyhog Member
    Options
    After looking at Quicken's cloud services (in Preferences > Mobile Web & Alerts), I'm not sure I performed that properly. as now it shows Quicken-2 updated 29 minutes ago. Should it have been turned "off"? Image below.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Joyhog said: 
    Hello, as suggested, I suggested "turned off syncing with Quicken's cloud services
    just for clarification - I've edited the Topic Title from "..  iCloud" to "Quicken Cloud" ....along with "Connected Services"

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Joyhog
    Joyhog Member
    Options
    Ok, Now it is worse, Updated all accounts, but none connected. Then tried to choose best cloud file from 11.12.22 which was the last good reconciliation. Looking at backups, all are shadowed out except the one I don't want to use from todays unsuccessful update. Support is a 20 minute wait by phone. What a mess.
  • Joyhog
    Joyhog Member
    Options
    Ultimately, today was resolved. Waited on phone for 95 minutes for support. Carlita helped and showed me how to fix and reconnect my accounts. Thank you M'am.
This discussion has been closed.